sleeper

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

what are your engine plans? there are allot of mods available for the juke which has the same engine setup..

Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Hey, I'm not going to touch the engine. As my car is on finance and don't want to risk fecking up the warranty or something lol
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

sorry calverz I was asking DIGT190 what his plans were :)
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Starting slow, as said previously this car is currently on finance and I'm not going to play with it past chassis mods and potentially some breathing mods until the car is paid off. That and As much as I'd like to hand the car in to someone like Lichfield and let them use it as the prototyping car I need it too much for long journeys to realistically do this.

The end state, however is more than likely 300 at the wheels and I'd be more than happy. How I do this depends on how the car responds to intercoolers, solid pipe work, mani etc.

On the other end of the spectrum I intend this to be my first car on 'air' more than likely Airlift to maintain some decent handling as the car will never be put on the track so that will take priority for the funds when they become available. Along with wheels, tyres, bracing, bushes, updated brakes, exhaust, ecu..... And the list goes on.

WHAT DO I EVEN BOTHER WITH CARS FOR ITS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE?! :P
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

300 seems doable will defo need a turbo upgrade and injectors I know Litchfield were at 90% duty cycle at 225bhp weather or not the nismo rs has larger injectors that can be swapped in.
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Yeah I think so, I read somewhere on an American juke forum that the bottom end of the Renault engines are pretty strong. I'm also kinda waiting to see if the pulsar NISMO comes out hehe.
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

I have read the RS variant is stronger than the standard MR16DDT but without seeing pictures I would only take that as a rumour the engine looks to be quite stocky around the cams ect but the open deck design is always a weak point :(
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Well I haven't posted for a while but I've purchased some wheels that will be refurbed when they arrive. I'm in no rush to fit them.

18x8.5 et38

Still waiting for any sort of aftermarket parts to come out for it though, I expected the jap tuners to be going mental over a new pulsar but apparently nobody gives a sh*t. Haha!
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Got the wheels Wednesday and finally opened them today. Came as described but I need to get them refurbished (obviously) get some centre caps (maybe) and various other shiny bits to add on.

Pictures!

They will be a Matt black lip with brushed deep bronze face but they won't be fitted until next year anyway!
dondino

Post by dondino »

Anyone got around to swapping the back box? Anyone got any tips or hints on where to find a straight fit?