My 2015 Nissan Pulsar (#Projectpulsar)

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Ronnieronson wrote:
mrrichmond1995 wrote: She looks amazing! Have you got any pictures of the Custom Juke intake? Interested in that!

Just been and taken a couple of quick snaps.
Injen obviously designed this kit to fit the juke nismo- so I had to make a section of 45 degree bend and ended up binning the injen filter in favour of a k&n with a 45 degree angled inlet.
Works quite well (injen reckon 10-14bhp difference on the juke nismo, so I'd imagine it's a similar gain range on any mr16ddt engine).
Gives the car a lovely growl under load, and plenty of turbo chatter when you let off the throttle :D
May look to fitting a mushroom filter behind the headlight at some point, so I can get a larger surface area of filter- but it's doing the job nicely for now.
Please excuse the somewhat mangled filter- we went through a few different configurations of this where the bonnet was squashing the cone, before I got the placement just right!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks for the pictures! That looks the nuts!

Going to try something similar with my Pulsar now!

Deleted User 470

So It has been a while since I posted anything new about the Pulsar.

I decided to debadge the rear of the car as I didnt like the large nissan badge being on there.
ImageIMG_20160618_203316_zpstwddwfzt by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I saw my friends car which had factory footwell lighting and I fell in love!
I went to my local halfrouds and picked up a £10 set of LED daytime running lights, I stuck them to the under dash protector and wired them into the rear interior light so that they come on when the doors are opened, the car unlocked and when the overhead button is pressed. Here is what they look like all wired in. Sorry for the poor photo!
ImageIMG-20160606-WA0008_zps0rr18cx0 by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

The pulsar then had a long drive down to the south of france for my cousins wedding, she didnt put a foot wrong and even doing 160Kph all day long she still got 60MPG!
Here she is getting a well deserved fill up in a french petrol station, which I must say are lovely and much nicer than any petrol station in the UK!
ImageIMG_20160521_132929_zpsfx6fdtrn by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I had been back from france for about 3 weeks when I decided to have some minor exhaust changes done!
I went to EMP Performance in St Albans to have a backbox delete carried out on the car, not only to make the exhaust more free flowing but also to improve the look of the rear of the car with a nice 3 inch tip which fills the exhaust cut out perfectly. I plan to have the DPF removed next year so this backbox delete will also help then.
Image13507259_10210158074248806_8617587122690829633_n_zpswrk9nppt by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I ended up getting bored of the TurboGauge falling off the windscreen every 3 days so I moved it up to the top of the windscreen using a piece of plastic and a extended flat CAT6 Cable.
ImageIMG-20160823-WA0013_zpss81nxcxu by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

That is pretty much how the car sits today, I plan to change the radio and get some new wheels but that will all be done when funds allow!
I hope you like what I have done to the pulsar and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Excellent update!

I've got to say I'm very tempted to debadge the rear of mine (we'll certainly the big Nissan badge at any rate).

Can you upload a video of the exhaust to YouTube?
Also- I don't suppose you have a picture of the exhaust as you would look at the rear of the car?
I'm going to be getting a straight pipe made for mine at some point- but I'm undecided as to go for maybe a 4" tip?
Mardidan

Post by Mardidan »

How much did emp charge you? I live in Herts so they aren't far from me
Deleted User 470

Mardidan wrote:How much did emp charge you? I live in Herts so they aren't far from me
EMP charged me £180 for the work.
This is the chap there who did it. https://www.instagram.com/mad_dp/
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Excellent update!

I've got to say I'm very tempted to debadge the rear of mine (we'll certainly the big Nissan badge at any rate).

Can you upload a video of the exhaust to YouTube?
Also- I don't suppose you have a picture of the exhaust as you would look at the rear of the car?
I'm going to be getting a straight pipe made for mine at some point- but I'm undecided as to go for maybe a 4" tip?
Hey only just seen this.

Here is a video of the Exhaust, as you can tell it makes a bit of a different noise compared to a normal pulsar diesel.

Here is two pictures taken from behind the car. As you can see it fills the exhaust cutout nicely.

ImagePulsar Exhaust 1 of 2_zpsvugfinjw by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

ImagePulsar Exhaust 2 of 2_zps4p2ph4zf by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Sounds a lot different to a standard diesel! - bet it sounds nice accelerating!

Looks miles better than the standard exhaust too :-)

I took my backbox off for a "noise test", and I'd imagine that once I get some extra piping and a bigger tip on mine it's going to be rather loud hehe :-)
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Sounds a lot different to a standard diesel! - bet it sounds nice accelerating!

Looks miles better than the standard exhaust too :-)

I took my backbox off for a "noise test", and I'd imagine that once I get some extra piping and a bigger tip on mine it's going to be rather loud hehe :-)
Yeah it sounds good when you put your foot down, I also have a cone filter so I get lots of flutter and chatter.

I plan to get the cat and dpf taken off of mine in January as a late Christmas present.
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Will be interesting to hear a vid of it after dpf removal :-)
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Will be interesting to hear a vid of it after dpf removal :-)
When I get the cat & DPF removed I will make a new video and post it here.