My 2015 Nissan Pulsar (#Projectpulsar)

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
naimkhan

Post by naimkhan »

Oh okay, makes sense

kt53

Post by kt53 »

naimkhan wrote:Oh okay, makes sense
Very much so when under normal circumstances, ie when you stop driving and kill the engine, the lights do switch themselves off.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

kt53 wrote:
naimkhan wrote:Oh okay, makes sense
Very much so when under normal circumstances, ie when you stop driving and kill the engine, the lights do switch themselves off.
Yes that is correct
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I appreciate it can be difficult to quantify, but how much did swapping to LED dip beam improve vision? I'm pretty happy with the power of my main beam, but dip could be better. Dip is substantially better than on my old Focus.
Deleted User 470

kt53 wrote:I appreciate it can be difficult to quantify, but how much did swapping to LED dip beam improve vision? I'm pretty happy with the power of my main beam, but dip could be better. Dip is substantially better than on my old Focus.
On the n-tec pulsar the led dip beam isnt replaceable with a higher wattage led chip only the High beams
mrenfurecido

Post by mrenfurecido »

mrrichmond1995 wrote:
mrenfurecido wrote:
mrrichmond1995 wrote:The LED's are wired to the rear interior light.
Ok.

What color is the cable?. And What (type led) did you installed for foot led?. Number reference.

Thanks.
I used these: https://tinyurl.com/h8frvz3
Hi.

Another question. I can not find rear interior light (Cable connection). Can you show me a picture of him?. really interested in the footwell lights how did you wire them up to the dome light??

--

New accessory:

link: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Styl ... 0.0.xCKkzE

Captura.JPG

Deleted User 470

Gonna make a forum post now.
naimkhan

Post by naimkhan »

mrenfurecido wrote:Lights ready!
Hi what's the easiest way to access the drl and also can you send a link to the bulb you purchased, thanks for the help
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

naimkhan wrote:
Hi what's the easiest way to access the drl and also can you send a link to the bulb you purchased, thanks for the help
Easiest way is get the car on a two post if you have access to one - or if not, jack up the front and put on axle stands.

Then remove the side bolts from the front undertray, fold the plastic back out of the way- and from there on out, use the force to guide you :-p

The bulbs MrRichmond linked to originally (and the ones I linked to in my blog), don't seem to be available on amazon anymore (the seller has replaced the listing with some amber LED ones)...
Deleted User 470

Well hasn't it been a long time since I updated you guys on the pulsar!

Not alot has changed since the last update, mainly some maintenance work.

I decided to just go over some of my modifications and tidy up my work slightly, this included removing the ceiling light console and wrapping my electrical connections in Tesa tape.
For those of you who don't know what Tesa tape is its a fabric tape which is used by manufacturers to wrap wiring looms. It really improves the look of the wiring and gives it that neat and factory look.
ImageIMG_20170310_122255_zps5dvm5xvv by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I then decided to upgrade the rear pads as they were getting low and starting to squeak. Which is rather embarrassing!
I opted for a set of EBC Ultimax2 pads as they are almost £20 cheaper than anything from ECP and have really good reviews.

Installing them was a doddle. If you want to know how to change your rear pads there is a how to guide here which was made by a fellow forum member Mardidan: https://tinyurl.com/lk8czq6

ImageIMG_20170314_183915_zpspcfh4qkx by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

With the rear pads out of the way I set about stopping the stupidly annoying rattling noise coming from near the radio.
I removed the radio surround and the radio itself to apply foam pads all other the place in order to stem the rattles and make the car bareable to drive again for longer than 10 minutes!
ImageIMG_20170319_141921_zpsu2cipikt by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I went out for lunch one day with the boyfriend and our mate and I had to snap a pic of the pulsar in the "Show Car" parking spot.
If you are interested we went to the Empire Diner on the A12 just before Kelvedon. Super burgers and amazing hospitality!
You can view there website here: https://tinyurl.com/k75mpyv

ImageIMG_20170401_142446_zpsvzhh8zo4 by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

As you can see the only things I have really been doing to the car is maintenance and tidying up little bits here and there.

Whilst out on a drive with my friend he said that he noticed one of my LED number plate bulb was flickering like a police strobe.
Safe to say I wasn't happy, Hellfrouds wouldn't take them back, so I got creative. I used some spare LED's I had laying around and made these!

ImageIMG_20170412_194116_zpsyxwkixmj by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I used a thin piece of plastic and drilled a 10mm hole through and bolted the LED's to the plastic, adapted the wiring in the boot and here is the result!
Total cost: £0
All stuff I had laying about!

As you can see they are very bright and look amazing! Much cheaper than getting expensive 501 LED Bulbs!
ImageIMG_20170412_205341_zpsgnhhvor1 by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

The only things I am looking to do to the Pulsar next is a set of front and rear discs and a set of front pads, All from EBC.
Decided I am going to splash out and get some nice Turbo Grooved Discs front and back!
Imageebc-gd_generic-380-380_zps3jgy6inr by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

Hope you like this update and I'll be sure to take some pictures of the discs once they are installed!
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.