My 2015 Nissan Pulsar (#Projectpulsar)

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

So not alot has changed since my last update.
I have just serviced the Pulsar, which didn't take me too long to do, I would say 45 minutes.
If anyone is interested in how much it cost here is a copy of my invoice
ImageCar Service Price_zpsznb7xiax by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

As you can see I opted for Castrol Magnatec 5w30 C3 as this is the same as Nissan use in their services.

The total cost to do a oil and filter change was £40.

I also have a Pollen filter to install tomorrow but as soon as I closed the bonnet after doing the oil change the heavens opened and decided to leave it for one day.

I have also ordered a set of these for my high-beams to replace the HID's in there:
ImageLED Highbeams_zps9dchsuaq by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I have had HID High-Beams since I got the car and the only complaint I have had with them is the warm-up time is longer than I would like, which is to be expected with HID's.

I have now driven the car since I did the service earlier today, the car feels much better, I do however need some new tyres on the front as they are getting to the legal tread limit.
I'm thinking of getting a set of these:
Uniroyal RainSport 3's, anyone had any previous experience with them?
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeN

Post by MikeN »

Do the recommended fog light DRL LED replacements work without any CANBUS errors?
Nissan Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T N-TEC
Deleted User 470

MikeN wrote:Do the recommended fog light DRL LED replacements work without any CANBUS errors?
I have installed led fog lights and have never had any problems. I would recommend the ones I have ordered if you want your fog lights to still be of use, cheaper h11 foglight LEDs are white but are not bright!
MikeN

Post by MikeN »

Thanks
Nissan Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T N-TEC
Deleted User 470

So thanks to Amazon Prime my new high-beam LED's turned up today.

As you can see they have a nice big fan assisted heat-sink to keep them cool
ImageSnapchat-716475933_zpsrutmxs22 by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

Installing them was so simple! Took me about 30 seconds each side, you simply unplug your old H9 bulbs, twist them and then remove them.
Fitting these is just the reverse of removing the old bulbs.

Once installed they look really smart inside the headlight housing.
ImageSnapchat-759450163_zpsmeokc5yl by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I will show you what they look like later when It has got dark, but here is a picture of them on.
ImageSnapchat-1720830635_zpsdbm9kxlx by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copa

Post by Copa »

need to remove anything to reach these lights ? I mean something like air intake ducting, or similar

thank you
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Looking good!- can't wait to see the dark pics to see how they compare to my led ones
Deleted User 470

Copa wrote:need to remove anything to reach these lights ? I mean something like air intake ducting, or similar

thank you
Hey! No, No need to remove any pipework, as long as you don't have hands like the BFG then you will be fine.
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Looking good!- can't wait to see the dark pics to see how they compare to my led ones
Will take some pictures in a few minutes.
Copa

Post by Copa »

tomorrow I'll give them a try ;-)