My 2015 Nissan Pulsar (#Projectpulsar)

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Seeing as I am very proud of my car I decided to make a forum post all about it.
Ladies and gentlemen meet my 2015 Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCI N-Tec.

I got her back in June 2015 whilst I was working for Glyn Hopkin in Chelmsford, as I worked for a Nissan dealership it made sense to get a new car whilst working there, after driving many different cars there, I had my heart settled on a Pulsar Diesel.

I was originally meant to be getting a 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec in Gun Metal but after a few supply issues and the fact that I needed the car within a week I settled for a 1.5 Diesel N-Tec, I have to say that was the best thing to ever happen now that I look back on it

Here she is on the day she got delivered to the dealership, little did she know she was in for a hard but looked after life. ImageIMG_6074_zpsm6fhjzsa by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I then set about making this Pulsar unique and make it my own.

One of the first things I did to the car was to remove all branding that was associated with Glyn Hopkin, I did this by removing any stickers and getting pressed plates for the car.

I then quickly started to look into getting the 1.5DCI lump remapped, I opted for a tuning box from TDI Tuning which was only round the corner from me as well as being totally removable when it came to possibly giving the car back in three years time.
The tuning box saw the power increase from 108BHP to 142BHP and the torque increased from 191lb-ft to 240lb-ft which made the car feel a lot smoother and also gave me more confidence in the cars performance and knowing that I had more overtaking power than before.
I have been running the tuning box on the car now for over a year and it hasnt put a foot wrong!

Enough for one day. Will post the next part of the story in a few days.
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 470

I left Glyn Hopkin in September last year and started working for a Security company installing alarms and fire systems. This was ok but one weekend in september I went trampolining with my boyfriend and in a freak accident I broke my leg in two places.

Here is a copy of the X-Ray I got!

ImageIMG_7240_zpsrmgnwpln by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

As you can see I did a good job of breaking it. I was signed off work for 4 months and was told I couldnt drive for 3 of those months, I wasnt going to take that so 3 weeks after breaking my leg I was driving again and drove 2500 miles in a week whilst on holiday.

Whilst away I got a EML come up on the dashboard, I wanted to know what it was as I was 400 miles away from home and didnt fancy booking it into Nissan only to be charged £50 to tell me something I could find out myself. I opted to purchase a "Scangauge" as can be seen here.

ImageIMG_7594_zps88wuea5m by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

It turned out to be the exhaust back pressure sensor was clogged, possible DPF problem?
A £5 bottle of DPF cleaner fixed it within a week and life went on.

Whilst I was off work I decided to do something about the lackluster audio system that Nissan gacefully provided from the factory.
The front speakers were replaced with a set of Hertz Components being powered by a 4 Channel amp under a false floor and I also installed my Alpine Type R subwoofer in the boot on top of the false floor. i am still looking at changing out the stock headunit when I have more funds.

The modding didnt stop there! I decided to do a full light conversion, meaning that every bulb was replaced with either a LED or a HID alternative.

I also decided to lower the car 30mm to get rid of some of the body roll.

That is pretty much everything I have done to the car. Im sure I have forgotten somethings but here is how the car looks as of today.

ImageProjectPulsar 3 of 8_zpstxaqcluc by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

ImageProjectPulsar 6 of 8_zpsjdhjlikj by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devangokani

Post by devangokani »

Did you do it yourself? Do you have any speaker sizes for front and rear components? Did you use sound deadening material ? Looking to change front, rears and add a subwoofer.
Deleted User 470

devangokani wrote:Did you do it yourself? Do you have any speaker sizes for front and rear components? Did you use sound deadening material ? Looking to change front, rears and add a subwoofer.
Hello mate.
Yes all done myself. Its a surprisingly easy car to take apart, for the front and the rear speakers you will need these adapters https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-SAK- ... r+adapters

Ignore the fact it says for a Micra, they fit perfectly in a Pulsar.

If you need any help just drop me a message
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Looks great :-)
What bulbs did you use for the drls?
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Looks great :-)
What bulbs did you use for the drls?
Thanks man! I used these bulbs https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANSSI-Power-B ... 2+led+bulb
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Brilliant- thanks for the link :D

I've tried a few different bulbs and none would fit straight in (too wide),
I presume these were a straight fit?

Once again- looks great!
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Brilliant- thanks for the link :D

I've tried a few different bulbs and none would fit straight in (too wide),
I presume these were a straight fit?

Once again- looks great!
Thanks again man! I have found with all the pulsars I have done the LED DRL conversion on you need to remove the rubber o ring and sand off the little tabs on the side whilst leaving the clips on. Message me if you need any help
devangokani

Post by devangokani »

Do you have a wiring diagram for Pulsar head unit ?
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

mrrichmond1995 wrote:
Thanks again man! I have found with all the pulsars I have done the LED DRL conversion on you need to remove the rubber o ring and sand off the little tabs on the side whilst leaving the clips on. Message me if you need any help
Ooh- that's pretty helpful actually :)
I shall give them a go :D