Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

mrrichmond1995 wrote: The juke has dab from the factory so yes it works
:D

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

UPDATE TIME!

I was starting to get tired of my front pads constantly squealing when I was stopping at a set of traffic lights and getting funny looks from passers by and other motorists, I decided to smother the back of the pads with some copper grease and the brake pad sliders in an attempt to hush the noisey pads... sadly it was all in vain! Im putting it down to the shitty quality pads I put in last year when I needed new pads on a budget... wont be doing that again! EBC all the way from now on!
ImageIMG-20170423-WA0005_zpsfnuv2qjh by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I was also getting a bit bored of the somewhat bland interior of my car and wanted to give wrapping a go. (No not like 50 cent)
I ordered some carbon fiber effect wrap and disassembled the interior of the car.

ImageIMG-20170430-WA0003_zpsfgam735m by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I was only really happy with one panel... The drivers side airvent.
ImageIMG-20170430-WA0005_zpsen5uhipk by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

Everything else was just too much effort and too difficult to wrap and I kept getting imperfections which I wasn't happy with.
ImageIMG-20170430-WA0009_zpswnvfy9kb by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

So off came the wrap and back together went the interior! I will likely get the panels hydro dipped as then it doesn't involve wrapping!

After being in a bad mood about the wrapping not going to plan I decided to take the pulsar for a nice drive in the country side and ended up taking a few pictures by a small ford (no fiestas in sight!).
ImageIMG_20170430_145244_zpsx6wz3h8g by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20170430_145328_zpsilrntfuq by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

It was then that I fell back in love with the car again! So I decided to take it for a thrashing through the back roads to my boyfriends work to meet him when he finished. Before any of you mention my twatish parking we were the only cars in the car park apart from 5 other members of staff!
ImageIMG_20170430_171044_zpsgcbvczti by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

After a lovely bank holiday weekend came the week from hell!

Whilst driving to work on Tuesday the car beeped at me and threw up the EML!
ImageIMG_20170504_075522_zpsj8dakcbk by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

The code ended up being P0472 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Low Input which after I racked my brains was the same code I got just over a year ago! I managed to pin point the DPF pressure sensor line getting clogged!
ImageIMG_20170504_075431_zpsspxaaypc by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

So on my lunch I decided to run to the local Hellfrouds and grab some DPF Cleaner, in the tank it went and I then cleared the code!
ImageIMG-20170504-WA0002_zpsuiulaa9e by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

I decided to give the car a nice drive home at 70mph on the A12 in 4th gear at about 3000RPM to get the exhaust and DPF nice and hot!
So far it seems to have worked!

Then on friday came a call from my boyfriend "Harry I need your help, my clutch master cylinder has shat itself and the RAC won't be here for 3 hours" so the pulsar got it's first taste of towing another vehicle.
ImageIMG_20170505_193203_zpsbzeehkaw by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

It all went really well! I used the reversing camera to check the rope was tight before pulling away and me and tom had a system of I would tap my brake pedal and he would brake to slow us both down without him driving into the back of me! The pulsar had more than enough power and torque to pull the Peugeot up hills and I must say I think the tuning box really does make a difference!

Every weekend me and Tom normally go out somewhere nice! But this weekend was spent working on his poxy french shed! It needs to go! It is constantly going wrong! It currently has the following problems:
High pressure fuel pump is dieing
Thermostate is stuck open.
The front radiator fan doesnt work
The intercooler fan is also dead.
The OSF top mount isnt doing it's job properly and is clunking like mad
The timing chain needs to be replaced... Need I go on?
ImageIMG_20170506_200125_zpsrdnlqcbz by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

So she will be up for sale soon and I think something sensible like a Volvo will end up replacing it!

Hope you all like this update! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Great report of the mishaps which have befallen you recently. I do wonder though, why you spend lots on making the car look good, but try to cut costs on the bit which will actually make it stop and therefore keep it looking good. False economy is the term which comes to mind :-)
Deleted User 470

kt53 wrote:Great report of the mishaps which have befallen you recently. I do wonder though, why you spend lots on making the car look good, but try to cut costs on the bit which will actually make it stop and therefore keep it looking good. False economy is the term which comes to mind :-)
Wasn't cutting costs. At the time I was out of work and needed new pads. Needs must! I would never cut corners when it comes to my safety!
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Tbh, the stopping efficiency of pads like Pagid or Eicher are just as good as the stock pads that Nissan install (which are submanufactured by brembo since 2004 for anyone interested), the difference being that cheap pads fade faster and tend to generate more heat (which the false economy being that cheap pads make a mess of quality discs in the long term)...
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Tbh, the stopping efficiency of pads like Pagid or Eicher are just as good as the stock pads that Nissan install (which are submanufactured by brembo since 2004 for anyone interested), the difference being that cheap pads fade faster and tend to generate more heat (which the false economy being that cheap pads make a mess of quality discs in the long term)...
Exactly what I have been told from other people. I think I just got some cheap eicher pads as that's all I could afford but they will be replaced with some nice ebc pads soon.
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Ebc are good- but because of the compound they're made from, expect lots of dust (nice and quiet pads though and hard wearing)
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Ebc are good- but because of the compound they're made from, expect lots of dust (nice and quiet pads though and hard wearing)
Yeah dust is a small price to pay for having silent brakes!
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Nothing but brembo on both mine and the wife's cars (apart from her rears as brembo don't do shoes).

For track days though- can't beat ebc greens
Deleted User 470

Ronnieronson wrote:Nothing but brembo on both mine and the wife's cars (apart from her rears as brembo don't do shoes).

For track days though- can't beat ebc greens
Yes indeed!