Speed sensing auto door lock

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
konpap

Post by konpap »

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought my new nissan pulsar 1.2 DiG-T CVT. I am very happy with the car, though I have noticed that there is no auto door lock when the car reaches a certain speed and above.

I found a manual online that stated that if you turn the ignition to the ON stage and hold the lock button for 5 seconds you should see an indication on the car's dashboard indicating the system's activation.

I have followed this process but nothing happens. Can anyone advise on the above issue? is there a way to confirm that the car should've had an auto door lock system?

Thanks.

konpap

Post by konpap »

Hello Again,

Any updates on the above question?

Thanks
jamieearl

Post by jamieearl »

Hello,
I am wondering the same, I had it in my Clio and it was as simple as holding down the door lock button for 5 seconds.
I found the instructions for the Juke.
"1. Get in the Juke

2. Close all doors

3. Turn ignition key to position 2 - or for those with keyless ignition, press the Start button twice (without foot on the brake). This is the position where all the dashboard indicator lights are on, but the engine is NOT running.

4. Within 20 seconds, push and hold the 'door lock' button on the Driver side interior door armrest for 5 seconds ".

But I couldn't seem to get it to work in the Pulsar, Let me know if it works for you.

Jamie
konpap

Post by konpap »

Already tried the above multiple times and it doesn't work

I have been searching around for this and found an answer that seems probable in a 2015 Qashqai thread.

Summary of findings is that Nissan seems to have removed this features from its new cars due to some weird EU car safety regulations.
jamieearl

Post by jamieearl »

Really? Arrgh. I really liked that feature.. I remember trying to set it for the new generation Fiesta and Ford had removed the feature..

Shame :/
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

this autolock feature does not seem to be part of a UK spec. I read the manual again and I could not find any references to it.
jamieearl

Post by jamieearl »

I guess just like the panic alarm on the keys..... The UK must be a safe place according to Nissan!
Rayj

Post by Rayj »

Hi, I managed to get mine to appear to lock.... follow the procedure with holding the lock button down, when it becomes active the flashers will flash twice..... and same again but if they flash once its unlocked, trouble is, im not sure it actually works although the locks make the unlock noise when I switch off
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Purely personal viewpoint, but I'd rather just lock the doors myself if I think I'm driving somewhere a bit iffy, than run the risk of them not unlocking in an emergency.