FRONT OFF SIDE ABNORMAL TYRE WEAR

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
daveyj

Post by daveyj »

I have just had the first service on a 1.2 Pulsar and this has revealed that while 3 tyres all show 4.5 to 4.6 tread depth, the F O/S is down to 0.7. Mileage is just over 12000. Has anyone else had this issue please?

Steve

Post by Steve »

My Nissan pulsar has tyre wear also on front,I have already replaced both front tyres in less than a year only done 7000 miles contacted Nissan on dealers advice waiting for a reply very bad wear
CTBull

Post by CTBull »

Be interested to see if you get a reply.

I bought a used Pulsar from a main dealer and on delivery noticed that 2no brand new tyres had been fitted to the front after 7400 miles with the treads down to 2mm. Rears are ok.

Had assumed it was an ex-courtesy car and had been driven poorly for a time (!), but on the above posts perhaps not?
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

while 0.7 is unusually heavy wear , 4.5mm left after after 12K is better then average ; mine have worn 4.5 after just 5.5K miles ; see my comment elsewhere. I suspect Contis are super soft . If I have still have the car by its second service, I will replace them with Dunlops. :x
CTBull

Post by CTBull »

I'll see how the new ones go - I had dunlops on my previous car, an Auris touring sport, and got 20k+ out of the fronts from memory.
jamieearl

Post by jamieearl »

I have just posted this on another post.

"It's funny you say this,
When I bought my car, I noticed the front's looked low but didn't think much about it as it had only done 4k miles.

I am now at 12k and my front tyres are on the legal limit! My rears are 5m but front are just under 2m. HOW!?

I Don't understand why it's gone so fast and I'm not tokyo drifting...

It is the same measurement right across all sides."
agokani

Post by agokani »

Bought my Pulsar 1.5 dci Tekna back in Dec 15 with 6.2K on the clock, tyres seemed nearly new. Now at 14.8K one illegal and the other front barely legal with even wear.

I've had a few cars in my time but have never seen a car where tyres only last 15K miles.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

I also have this problem. I had to replace the Continental tyres on the front after 10,000 miles which for me was 6 months into ownership.
From what I am told the factory continental tyres are supersoft and wear very quickly on the front.

I am now running a set of Hankook tyres and I cant fault them. 10,000 miles on them and they are still got 5mm of tread left
RPJ

Post by RPJ »

My Pulsar is coming up to 12k miles and I have just had to change both rear tyres. The front two were replaced at 10k. I've gone with Continental again but if these are no better than the originals I will look for an alternative next time.
ashkeys

Post by ashkeys »

I am down to 3mm on the fronts and 4.5 on the rear at 8500 miles! Continentals!!