FRONT OFF SIDE ABNORMAL TYRE WEAR

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Liam

Post by Liam »

I too have found my front tyres have worn crazy fast, 3800 miles and fronts are almost at wear indicator, backs still have loads left...

Not best pleased to say the least, going to swap them around to try get a bit more out of the fronts...

There's a post on a different Nissan forums about the Contisports wearing fast on the Jukes too.

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Front tyres on front wheel drive cars always wear down quicker than the rears as the fronts take most of the forces when accelerating and braking.
The continentals may be a soft compound which doesn't help, maybe they are not best suited to nissans, strange to say but different tyre makes suit different makes of cars.
I had bridgestones, falken and goodyears on previous car, the bridgestones were hard tyres lasted 36000 miles but noisy, falkens 28000 miles and goodyears 32000 miles and less noise.
Smorris

Post by Smorris »

Sorry, I'm a bit late coming this discussion, but I only found this forum by googling Nissan Pulsar tyre wear. I noticed the other night the car didn't seem to be gripping the road well, and put it down to ice. But it's still the same and my wife has independently reported the same problem. There looks at be not a lot of tread left on the front tyres, after 11,000 mainly very gentle miles (boy racer days, if I ever had them, a long way behind me!). That does seem excessive... never got through tyres at anything like that rate before.
mark_snelgrove

Post by mark_snelgrove »

Hi,

I've just had my first service - 14k miles - both front tyres need replacing - at 1.5mm tread left!!
I've never replaced tyres at less than 18k miles - sometime 20k

Why is the Pulsar so bad??
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

I don't think the Pulsar is any harder on tyres than any other car. I purchased in 2012 a new Kia Rio 3 which had 17" wheels fitted with Conti sports, I see my Pulsar is fitted with the same tyre so it will be interesting to see how long they last !
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
kt53

Post by kt53 »

My 1.2 has just been in for first service at about 9.5k miles. 'Advisory' that both front tyres are getting low on tread. I don't accelerate or brake hard so this tends to support previous comments that the tyres fitted from new are soft compound. The dealership has offered to change them for £140 per corner - I've declined their very generous offer!
Any recommendations for tyres which will give better wear without added road noise would be appreciated.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

The Conti's are very soft tyres. The QQ also had them and most on the forums were getting between 10-15k out of a set!

At least they are being consistant!

On the QQ, I ended up getting Nexen SU1's because of the price point for 19". Good rate of wear and good price point. I will probably get a set for my Pulsar when its due.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

My fronts are down to 4mm so are going to have to be done soon.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I'll have to take a look at mine. I'm on about 4500 miles now. I've got the 18" wheels so it will be interesting to note if that makes any difference.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I just had a cursory glance at mine - I've got Michelin's all round. Must be due to the 18" wheels I guess. Hopefully that means I won't have an issue but time will tell....
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta