1.2 DIG-T Engine re-mapped by Nissan

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

My car went in for its first service and they seemed to have remapped the engine CPU. I have previously reported that it was a tricky car to move off in first gear, as it had the dreaded bog down symptom. Now after the remap , this syndrome is much reduced . In summary it seem to have a lot more torque lower down the rev range to a point where I can hang in a higher gear where previously I would be forced to change down. On the flip side, its lost its sporty feel where it would zip through through the gears ( after a poor first gear start) ; it no longer revs so freely and the snarly (liked) noise has gone too. Altogether is now a more driveable car in heavy town traffic .

I did ask the dealer what they did; the answer , a bland " its all computerised , we hook it up and it tells what needs fixing". Presumably , this computer re-mapped the engine while they videoed the car being checked over and carried out a first service.

Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

its a few weeks since the re-map and the milage has fallen from an average of around 35 mpg to 31. I suppose you don't get something for nothing , all the extra torque comes from using more fuel. :shock:
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

what is your eco score? Your mpg is pretty poor. I get about 44mpg with an eco score of 77.
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

silly question perhaps, where is the eco score ? Is that the bar graph that shows when you stop the engine and open the door ? Mind you the milage is for relatively short ( 3 to 4 miles) in heavy London traffic with an average speed of around 10 mph and lots of waiting at lights. This compares with 26 mpg I was getting from a 2.2 diesel in my last car. Long distances ( still within M25) gives around 40 mpg and a 120 miles on motorway will yield a maximum of 48mpg.
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Press info on sat nav then eco score on the screen
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

my ECO score is also in the mid 70's, I guess its the London traffic - Curiously a slightly longer journey gave 36mpg so I guess its the short distances too.