Summer Time Blues

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

Now that we are starting to have warm weather, I note another of 1.2 DIG-T's "features". between 1750 and 2250 rpm ( which just happens to be around 20mph in 2nd or 30 mph in 3rd) the car hunts , a series of small hesitancy. You can feel that as the car starts to jerk as well as the tacho juddering . As if the CPU was cutting off the fuel as the turbo is hovering between no boost and a a partial degree of boost. With the A/C on the effects become pronounced and driving in London with road humps where you are having to lift off the throttle makes for an extremely unpleasant experience. Once you hit 2500 rpm it clears up. To keep it smooth, one needs to drive in 2nd in a 30mph zone or 1st in a 20mph zone so that the engine is running between 2.5 ans 2.75K RPM. wasting fuel in the process. Is anybody else experiencing this issue ?

Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

I have no experience of the Pulsar 1.2 but there has not been any issue with the Qashqai 1.2 as far as I know. I would get it checked out by your dealer as it should be coverd under warranty.
1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
McGregor

Post by McGregor »

Hey, I am having the same problem with my car. It is Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T (Tekna). From few weeks while driving in car traffic everyday with slow acceleration my car is jerking from 1800 to 2700 rpm. You can feel a little engine vibration.. I feel it also when I am driving with cruise on when engine strive to keep permanent speed and rpm but not keep it. Week a go I took my car to warranty service and for now they are waiting for solution from Nissan Head-quarter. I dont have any feedback yet. I will write what they done when they will finished.
geof

Post by geof »

Did you find a solution to this problem?
I am from Romania and I have a Nissan Qashqai with 1.2 DIG-T engine. My car has the same symptoms (jerking on moderate acceleration and even at steady speed at around 2000rpm).
I was in the workshop 5-6 times but they didn't find the cause. They tried: ECU software update, changed MAF, changed camshaft actuator solenoids, but the car behavior didn't changed.
danielk

Post by danielk »

The 1.5 diesel is the same
No power down in low revs
Its driving me mad :/