NISSAN PULSAR 2015 1.2 CVT

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
koumbarosh

Post by koumbarosh »

Good morning to all

My name is Harris and i am from Greece.

I am writing to this forum because i cannot find any solution to my problem so far in Greece. I need your opinion and thinking in a matter i have with my car. I have a pulsar 1.2 CVT with 13000 km and only one year of life. Since the beginning i faced the following problem. Some times after start and D selection the car was not moving. It was like i had the handbrake on. By putting more pressure to the throttle pedal the car started to move. Also when in N there was a sound like tak-tak-tak. I went the first time they checked the car they found nothing and let me go. The second time i went again with the same problem and they changed the ABS unit. Now is the third time i have my car to the repair shop and they don't have a clue what the problem is and what to do. Below is a link from one drive with some videos i have from my mobile phone when the problem occurred.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F ... lder%2cMOV

I will appreciate you can look the videos and tel me your opinion about my problem. The official representative of NISSAN here in Greece does not want to take any responsibility for the problem and for the repair.

I am also trying to find any Europe customer support contact in order to inform accordingly.

Thank you in advance all for your help

Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

I am no auto box technician and could be speculating but I have some experience of using a CVT on another Nissan. (not pulsar) ;

Does that tak tak noise increase with engine speed (RPM) when auto box is in neutral or Park ?

It sounds like a torque converter issue - this should be silent at all times especially in N . Also the fact that the car, which fails to creep with hand brake and foot brake off, but does when you press on the throttle.

It could also be the linkage , the D selected on the quadrant may not translate into D for the gearbox because the linkage is broken , stretched ( if a cable is used) .

As I said, I am guessing but others , some of whom seem to be Nissan technicians may be able to comment
koumbarosh

Post by koumbarosh »

Thank you for reply

Unfortunately i haven't check the RPM in order to see. In P there is no sound. When you put N only then the sound starts.

One think i also notice but forget to mention is that when in D with the car stacked you can hear the tak-tak sound just before the car go loose from what ever keeping it stacked.

Also when you press the brake petal when in N the sound stops.
koumbarosh

Post by koumbarosh »

Good morning

Just an update because today they informed me that they will proceed by changing the transmission selector. But still they have not informed me about the actual malfunction.