Loss of Power

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
gacameron

Post by gacameron »

Hello All,

Yesterday my Pulsar (Diesel) flashed up a low oil warning so I topped up the oil appropriately. However, on the drive to buy oil the car had very little power, down maybe 40%, particularly in higher gears. This issue didn't go away once the oil was back to the right level either, and has persisted today. The issue is such that I struggled to even get up a slight 50mph incline in 4th gear this morning. It's since been booked into Nissan but not for 7 days sadly, and with my daily 140 mile commute it presents an issue. The same issue with regards loss of power actually occurred about 2 months ago on the way to work, however, after pulling over to stop the engine the issue immediately went away.

Anybody else experienced this or know what might be causing it?

Regards

Graham

keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

Chums EGR valve needed replacing in a 4 year old Octavia with these symptoms. Very expensive. Seems unlikely in a newer car. Our Zafira also had these symptoms after a service, and it turned out the garage had coc*ed something up with the fuel filter. Very cheap.

Think there's possibly loads of issues which cause modern cars to go into limp mode.