filter regeneration

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
mrflab

Post by mrflab »

hi to everybody, i' m a new user from Italy, so first of all sorry for my English.
I'm asking myself how undersand when the pulsar is regenerating the particulate filter: no led, no message on the display.
Is there someone that know it ?

thanks

flavio
Pulsar 1.5 dci acenta Pearl White 02/2015 km 130000

hmendes

Post by hmendes »

mrflab wrote:hi to everybody, i' m a new user from Italy, so first of all sorry for my English.
I'm asking myself how undersand when the pulsar is regenerating the particulate filter: no led, no message on the display.
Is there someone that know it ?

thanks

flavio
Hi Flavio

As much i can tell you from the 1.5dci Renault heritage is that when in regeneration you can see 4 changes: rpm raises, the noise from the motor is different (more metallic), the exaust emits a burned rubber odor and also the motor ventilator is allways running. If you get this 4 points you can be assure that the regeneration is in progress.
mrflab

Post by mrflab »

hi hmendes
i 'll be attentive to details
Pulsar 1.5 dci acenta Pearl White 02/2015 km 130000
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have a 14 Pulsar 1.5 DCI tekna with 28K on clock.The amber warning ligh on dashboard t is on and various lihts come and go - anti slip front braking warning sensors. It is driving okay but after some research believe the DPF pipe could be blocked and this is possibly a generic manufacturing fault which causes other lights to come . I have tried fuel additives and driving in 4th on motorway - any help would be appreciated Ian