Petrol Gauge Reading

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

Hi all

Recently filled up the new Pulsar for the first time. The low fuel warning came on as I was on my way. However I was only able to get just under 35 litres in (and I really forced every last drop). That meant that the warning was on with nearly 2.5 gallons still in the tank. Surely that isn't the reserve? Also the miles to go was quite low, I think less than 40.

Any thoughts, the handbook says 46 or 36 litres. Is it possible it's 36!?

Dave
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta

kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'm wondering the same about mine. Most I've managed to squeeze in is just under 36 litres at a time when the 40 mile warning had just come on. I'm suspicious that it's only a nominal 36 litre tank. Ridiculously small if true. Any idea which variant has which size tank? Mine's a 1.2 N-Connecta.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

By going on the spec sheet on Parkers the N-Connecta 1.2 DIG-T has a 46 Litre fuel tank, meaning you should get 566 miles out of a tank.

Interestingly the N-Tec 1.5 Diesel Pulsar also has a 46 Litre fuel tank which should get you 789 miles out of a tank!
I have a 1.5 Diesel N-Tec and have never seen near that figure! More like 550 miles at a push!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

When I picked the car up new it had a full tank and showed a range of about 440 miles. Current fuel consumption is mid to high 30s (mainly short journeys in town) and a full tank gives an estimated range of around 330. That would tend to support the 46 litre (10 gallon tank assumption).
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

Morning

I see there's a post from last June in a similar vain. So it seems this is Norma behaviour.

I wonder if the the low fuel warning comes on when there is a generous amount of fuel left - say 10 litres but gives the miles to go for the first 5 litres and leaves another 5 for those that like to really live dangerously. What are other cars like? My old Megane would blank the miles to go when the bingo light went on. Are manufacturers aware that if it says 40 miles will actually take it to the last mile?

Dave
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta