Pulsar 2015 reverse camera issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
ColonelBlack

Post by ColonelBlack »

Hi

I've had problems with my reversing camera since I got the car where it sometimes splits the picture where part of the bottom of the camera displays at the top.
However recently my camera has became dark, even in full day light. It's making reversing onto my drive while looking at the camera display impossible.

What would generally be the cause of this? I can't imagine the fuse, as there is still an image.
And if the camera is faulty, I can't see how to remove the camera and replace it with another.
I've attached 2 images which shows it being dark/black and white. And showing how part of the camera display is positioned at the top when it should be at the bottom.

IMG_20230920_201545.jpg

IMG_20230920_201539.jpg

Many_methods

Post by Many_methods »

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. I've not got to the bottom of it yet either but I assume it's a loose connection somewhere. Would also love to know if others have found/resolved this issue.

Thanks
Berec

Post by Berec »

I also had the same problem and it disappeared by itself. I noticed that it appears when I close the tailgate harder.
Stuartgolf71

Post by Stuartgolf71 »

Does it show reverse and forwards clear when you press the camera knob
Many_methods

Post by Many_methods »

Solved: I was having the same, intermittent issue as described above. I took the interior trim of from the inside of the boot and removed the camera from the boot. Carefully, I unscrewed the wire from the camera itself. It's a connector that pulls out. Sprayed some contact cleaner in there. I alos sprayed some in the connector at the other end of the lead where it connects to the car. Put it back together and it's worked perfectly since.
SandraArchangel1

Post by SandraArchangel1 »

Morning all, I am having the same issue. My camera was working fine when i bought the car but since last week, my screen has split in 2 and the colour is gone. Not sure how to even take the camera out to change it if i have too. Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong with it. To be fair i have not read the below responses so will be doing that next. thanks, Sandra UK