Alarm system & door mist

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Ls18

Post by Ls18 »

Just purchased my nissan 1.2 digT tekna pulsar ans was wondering a couple of things.

Does it have an alarm system where it actually sounds if the car is broken into ? Have read through the manual and although it says it has one (where fitted) im finding it hard to understand.

When the car is locked at first the lights flash or stay on for a few seconds but therea not audiable sound ?

Also, the drivera sode window has been quite misty on the outside of the glass, when i put the window down to wipe it away (as I did in my old car) it cleared the window. Im having to put the window down to look right to aee if im clear to go. The passenger side cleara when I put the window down. Is this just a thing on pulsars or should I call the service dept at the dealer ?

Many thanks :P

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Whether dropping the window wipes off the misting seems to be a bit hit and miss on many makes and models of car. On my wife's Micra it clears all the driver side and about half the passenger side. On my Ford Focus it cleared all the passenger side and none of the driver side. On the Pulsar it doesn't do a very good job on either side!
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

If the mist is on the uside of the window then it means condensation is forming on the car as the glass is cold. You cant really stop this happening other than by covering your car / storing it in a garage or moving to somewhere less humid.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I don't think the OP is complaining about the window misting up on the outside. They are questioning whether dropping the window should act like a squeegie and take the condensation off. It would seem reasonable that a well fitting rubber seal would do that, but it not good on mine either.
Ls18

Post by Ls18 »

Yes, I was wondering more if the window rubber should squeegie on the outside of the window, its not misted on the inside.

Just find it annoying having to have the window down to see if theres traffic to the right. Seems its just the way the pulsar is.
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

yeah mines got some sort of alarm, its pretty crap, only had it work a few times when I left window open and opened the door or something. my drivers window squeeks so loud when it goes down most of the time