Reverse Camera problem?

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Swe

Post by Swe »

Sometimes (1/10) my rear camera stops working, The screen is totaly black, no differens if I choose reverse gear or push the camera button. Anyone else who have got this fault??

gezt

Post by gezt »

Silly reply maybe but try cleaning the lens bit.
Just got my pulsar so still learning
Swe

Post by Swe »

Haha dirt is grey on screen... this is 100% black, a real fault somewhere.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The Pulsar was only launched in 2014 so surely it's still under warranty. Get it sorted by Nissan.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

kt53 wrote:The Pulsar was only launched in 2014 so surely it's still under warranty. Get it sorted by Nissan.
Had a friend recently say to me that his reverse camera has stopped working. Take the car to nissan and they should replace it under warranty.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Just thinking about this reverse camera thing, it's funny how you quickly get used to things - I only look at the screen when reversing now instead of turning my hear around, and I only ever look at the speedo when something's blocking out the digital mph on screen.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I still turn to look when reversing. I only use the camera when reversing into a parking space to ensure I don't make contact with the vehicle behind. I've tried using the digital display for speed but find it distracting. With the physical speedo I barely need to look as the needle is there in peripheral vision. With digital you have to read and assimilate what is being displayed.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Actually, I do still look in the wing mirrors before reversing. My dad could keep to the correct speed using only the rev counter, but there's no way I could do that as I can't fathom what the revs should be.
_Victoria_

Post by _Victoria_ »

Hi, guys.

I'm having random camera issues with black or partly black screen and even three times I've had the video go off with a message to check the video connection.
A few months ago I recorded it when it happened, you can see the video here. http://dai.ly/x5zgwyh Bad, partly black, picture at first, then I move forward, go reverse again, picture is clear, the screen starts to flicker and (even though the video ends here), the picture goes bad again.
It usually happens when the weather is rainy, but has also happened after two very hot and sunny days in a row, and also does not happen after I go to the car wash, so I'm not sure it's related with moist.

I've been to a dealer to take a look at the issue but they said everything looks fine and in order to be able to fix it, they need to see it in action.
I've even called another dealer (who I bought the car from, I don't go there as it's in a city far away), but they said they never had such problem.

So has anyone else had it and found the cause of this or when it happens?
Swe

Post by Swe »

Got my replaced on warranty, no more problem with camera.