Wiring in dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Juliespulsar

Post by Juliespulsar »

Hi
New to this forum. My wife has just bought a new 2017 Pulsar 1.2 NConnecta and she is very pleased with it.
I want to wire in her dash cam so that it picks up an ignition live feed using piggy back connectors for the fusebox.
The handbook doesn't give much fuse info, has anyone done this? If so, which ignition live feed and fuse number did you use?
Thank you

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Juliespulsar wrote:Hi
New to this forum. My wife has just bought a new 2017 Pulsar 1.2 NConnecta and she is very pleased with it.
I want to wire in her dash cam so that it picks up an ignition live feed using piggy back connectors for the fusebox.
The handbook doesn't give much fuse info, has anyone done this? If so, which ignition live feed and fuse number did you use?
Thank you
Give me 2 mins.

Ill pop out to my pulsar and take a picture
Deleted User 470

Juliespulsar wrote:Hi
Thank you
This is the fuse you need to use.
Its a blank slot which is live with the ignition.
I have noticed that you cant push the fuse add on in all the way but it is very secure and I have never had any problems.
ImageIMG_20170319_124920_zpskq9rh6sr by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

You can the ground it to this screw here
ImageIMG_20170319_124954_zpsqarpecr5 by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr
ImageIMG_20170319_124951_zps2xrotfof by HRichmondPhotography, on Flickr

Hope this helps
Last edited by Deleted User 470 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliespulsar

Post by Juliespulsar »

Thank you for that. Camera now installed and working as it should.
Deleted User 470

Juliespulsar wrote:Thank you for that. Camera now installed and working as it should.
Excellent! Glad it was helpful
HillBill

Post by HillBill »

Thank you, @mrrichmond1995!!!

I use a mirrored one similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AGLXeA2iA

It is good stuff, but (as always) be careful with Chinese electronics: they often contain spyware, mine is able to generate >1GB traffic per day if it is on wifi or 3G
And no way to block them as it can not be rooted, and the VPN is blocked so you're not able to install a good firewall
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta
Deleted User 470

HillBill wrote:Thank you, @mrrichmond1995!!!

I use a mirrored one similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AGLXeA2iA

It is good stuff, but (as always) be careful with Chinese electronics: they often contain spyware, mine is able to generate >1GB traffic per day if it is on wifi or 3G
And no way to block them as it can not be rooted, and the VPN is blocked so you're not able to install a good firewall

Glad it was helpful! Never been keen on those android wifi dashcams.
My15ntec

Post by My15ntec »

Does anyone know what fuse i can tap into for a constant live feed (ignition off)? I need it so i can run my Power Magic Pro to supply my dashcam with power whilst the ignition is off for parking mode
gezt

Post by gezt »

Want to hardwired dashcam, it says 5 volt for power supply, it that fuse in picture 5 or 12 volt.
Sorted now, ordered a full kit off Amazon for £9.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

How do you conceal the power lead from the camera to the fusebox?