Pulsar At Nissan Garage

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I was driving to work early this morning when my Pulsar began to judder and warning light came on.
It then went into limp mode and a few warning lights flashing,engine light,system failure etc.
Got it towed to Nissan garage but they were very busy so it will be tomorrow or Monday when the problem is diagnosed.
Could be a number of things,coil pack,turbo,a sensor etc.
Has anyone had anything similar?
It is 15 plate 35,000 miles 1.2 auto

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Last edited by Particulate Driver on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Particulate Driver

Too many of these cars are breaking down prematurely, I don’t think the Renault Nissan alliance was a good idea.
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

Never rated Renault
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Nissan/Renault aliance has been around for many many years. These are not the first engines that Renault have had an influence on!

Agreed, it could be all sorts and without acccess to the fault codes its going to be impossible to diagnost over the internet! A few people have had a similar issue with the QQ 1.2 veriants with a similar issue, and that turned out to be a loose earth connection on the battery.

Do keep us posted though
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I will do.
I was told in the past that the 1.2 DGT-I engine in the Pulsar was made by Renault but today was told it's made by Nissan??
Can anyone clarify this?
Particulate Driver

I don’t know, but the dci engine is an old Renault engine that’s been around 10 years.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

The 1.2DIG-T engine IS a renault engine. This can be confirmed by the fact that there are renault logos stamped all over the engine, electrical connections and pipework! In addition, research shows that this engine is based on the renualt TCe engine range that renault used before Nissan started to use then (even Nissan used the engine code which was used by renualt before giving it their own). The ones fitted to Nissans though have been 'breathed on' by Nissan.

I understand the derv engines have been renault based for some time!

The 1.6 DIG-T engine I am still a little lost with as to its origins but I *belive* that this is a Nissan designed and built engine that uses some tech from Renault, such as the direct injection. In addition, the 1.6 DIG-T engine has been used in Nissan's BEFORE renualt started to use them in their own range and is used extensivly in America as well.
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I have been informed today my Pulsar needs a new engine,excessive wear and damage only covered 35,000 miles.
It has used 8 litres of oil in 10,500 miles and also used the 2 litres I put in around 2-3 weeks ago.
I knew there was something wrong with it.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

covered by warranty