Pulsar At Nissan Garage

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

Still no sign of the new engine,was told last Wednesday it was a minimum of 1 week so hopefully will arrive by end of this week.
It's been there 3 weeks now

Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

Not happy...now been told engine will arrive on 3rd January it will have been there for 7 weeks by then 😑😑😑😑😑
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Letter of complaint to the Director of Customer Services at Nissan?
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

Complained to Nissan a few days ago they just said they are replacing the engine under warranty as they are obliged to do basically.
How on earth can it take 6-7 weeks to get an engine off the production line when apparently they make 25 Pulsars per day at the Barcelona Nissan plant and they must be producing quite a few engines a day I would have thought.
I was told 1 week last wed now another 4 weeks!!
It is very frustrating to say the least and I will be ringing Nissan tomorrow to see if they can speed this up.
Not happy 😑😑😑😑
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I imagine 'not happy' is an understatement. Purely from interest, what have they provided as a courtesy car?
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Have the garage told you exactly what they are replacing? Some say 'replacing engine' to people when in fact they are either doing one of the following:
* replacing piston rings
* pistons+rings
* Short block (bottom half)
* Short block + head (usually only if the engine has been ran dry)

My Qashqai was going to have just rings fitted but I pushed to get a short block as I felt this was a more appropriate longer term fix and the turn around on that was around 4 weeks from ordering, fitting and getting it back.
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

kt53 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:50 am I imagine 'not happy' is an understatement. Purely from interest, what have they provided as a courtesy car?
Currently got a Corsa auto hired by Nissan from Europecar but getting a Pulsar from Nissan early next week
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

SplanK wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:51 am Have the garage told you exactly what they are replacing? Some say 'replacing engine' to people when in fact they are either doing one of the following:
* replacing piston rings
* pistons+rings

My Qashqai was going to have just rings fitted but I pushed to get a short block as I felt this was a more appropriate longer term fix and the turn around on that was around 4 weeks from ordering, fitting and getting it back.
I didn't bother asking because I'm getting rid asap for a brand new 1.6 auto Juke
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

Brownie4583 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:02 pm
SplanK wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:51 am Have the garage told you exactly what they are replacing? Some say 'replacing engine' to people when in fact they are either doing one of the following:
* replacing piston rings
* pistons+rings

I didn't bother asking because I'm getting rid asap for a brand new 1.6 auto Juke
I have emailed Nissan MD saying 7-8 weeks for a new engine is not acceptable
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

Pulsar now sorted and collecting tomorrow.
It's had a new engine,turbo etc but dealer says it doesn't get a service stamp??