Dealer refused to do firmware upgrade

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
g7jjf

Post by g7jjf »

I have just taken my car to my local Nissan dealer to have four new glow plugs fitted (another long story about faulty battery which dealer refused to replace under warranty).

Anyway, I had a Pulsar courtesy car whilst this was being done and I noticed it had firmware D502. My car only has D302 so I asked the dealer to upgrade the firmware to D502 (as I have been having DAB reception problems which this firmware fixes). The dealer refused saying Nissan says you can't upgrade from D302 to D502.

I doubt very much this is correct but does anyone have any experience of getting the dealer to do firmware upgrades or are they correct in saying that it can't be done ?

I have seen instructions on the web for doing the upgrade yourself so has anyone gone this route and is it worth it ?

Thanks,

Jon

keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

Hello,

Can't comment on the firmware upgrade, but can confirm my 64 Reg 1.5 Dci suffers from fairly crappy DAB reception.

It's also had a new battery and glow plugs about a month ago, under the warranty. I didn't have any problems getting my local dealership to do this.

Cheers,

Keith.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If the vehicle is still under warranty contact Nissan Customer Services to see if the firmware can be upgraded. If it can, get back in touch with them with details of the dealership which has lied to you.
g7jjf

Post by g7jjf »

I have emailed Nissan customer services asking about the upgrade but they haven't replied as yet. Will report back with their response.

Jon
kt53

Post by kt53 »

It can take a few days. In the past I've initially had an acknowledgement quite quickly, and the reply some days later.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

IT is entirley plausable that this firmware is not suitable for your car Just because it looks the same, does not mean it is the same hardware!

Alternativly it maybe simply becuase the dealer wont be getting paid for the work and dont want to tie up an engineer/service bay for an hour or so whilst the update is applied.

Personally, unless there was a problem, then there is no need for the firmware update. They very rearly give you new features, and quite often introduce new problems!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The OP has said that the firmware upgrade is supposed to fix a problem with DAB on the radio. There is no excuse for refusing to do the upgrade is it is compatible and does fix known problems.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Seems to me that you should be looking for another Nissan dealership.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
g7jjf

Post by g7jjf »

Still no reply from my email to customer services so not very happy.

Will have a go at flashing the unit myself and see what happens.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

g7jjf wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am Still no reply from my email to customer services so not very happy.

Will have a go at flashing the unit myself and see what happens.
Don't think I'd be doing that at ths stage. Have you tried contacting CS via Twitter? They seem to at least acknowledge that quite quickly.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta