Stop Start

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Just taken delivery of my 65 reg 1.2 DIG-T Pulsar Tekna can some one help me with a couple of queries (1) Can the stop start system be switched off permanently without having to press the system off switch every time.(2) on some other models of the Pulsar had a digital spedo display as well as the conventional dial, was this a later addition. Sorry about being so naïve but I am still trying to come to grips with all tech bits :? :?

kt53

Post by kt53 »

No you can't switch Stop/Start off permanently - unfortunately. Are you sure your car hasn't got a digital speedo? On mine it's one of the screens displayed when cycling through the options. It seems odd that it wouldn't be on all variants.
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Hi thanks for your post re the stop/start after the car was delivered yesterday I noticed the Connect Manual was missing I have contacted the dealer who is going to post one on to me so I am in the dark about setting things up could you explain to me how to get into the options menu so I can set up the digital speedo amongst other things.Thanks
kt53

Post by kt53 »

To get to the digital speed readout, just scroll through the various screens by pushing the Enter bar up and you should find it after the 'Trip' screen.
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Hi thanks for the info did what you said and hey presto I now have a digital speedo.I am still waiting for the dealer to send me the connect handbook hopefully then I will have a better understanding what all the gizmos are about :? :?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

To be honest I looked at what Connect offers and then deleted the app from my phone.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I love the digital speedo in my car, hardly ever look at the main speedo these days.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:21 pm I love the digital speedo in my car, hardly ever look at the main speedo these days.
I tried using the digital speedo and hated it. I just find it very distracting with the figure changing all the time. With a conventional speedo I know from the position of the needle what the speed is just from peripheral vision. With digital I have to look away longer to take in what is displayed.

Individual preference really.
Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

Yup, the stop start button needs to be pressed every restart of the engine.
As for the digital Speedo, on 205/50/17's at 33MPH, my phone apps and GPS apps all say 30 MPH so check for the likes of that too.
Mr Richmond could let us know if the speedo can be readjusted by Nissan dealers for different sizes of rims and tyres..?
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams