Rear doors not locking and boot won't open

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Spintheweb

Post by Spintheweb »

Hi, we bought our 1.2 ntec pulsar about 8 weeks ago from Nissan main dealer. So far has spent about 2 of these in the dealership for a new battery, new windscreen as the seal all came off the top, to have the bumper repainted due to a smart repair before we bought the car flaking and a new steering rack which we had to pay for. Latest issue since we got the car back last week is the rear doors do not lock and the boot will not open. Any ideas of an easy fix for this as I do not want to lose the car for another week whilst the dealer investigates. Thanks

kt53

Post by kt53 »

How old is the car? Why have you had to pay for the steering rack on a car you've only had for 8 weeks? Sorry, can't answer the questions other than suggesting checking fuses.
Spintheweb

Post by Spintheweb »

Its a 2015 they said it must have got broken from a pot hole which are really bad around us. Its the usual they have a list of there 100 point checks before the car goes out of main dealer which they show to prove it's something we have done!
teachlit

Post by teachlit »

My Nissan Pulsar N16 (2004) wagon has stopped responding to its fob. My question is: how can I lock the boot? I can lock the doors individually from inside as they each have a lock lever and I can use the key to lock the front passenger door from outside. The four doors are now locked. However, the boot lid is still unlocked. I will eventually get to a service guy and get the fob fault fixed but what can i do to lock the rear boot lid in the meantime?