Steering pulling to the right

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Finsar

Post by Finsar »

We recently traded in my wife´s 2015 Note for a new Pulsar 1.2.
The new car is a lot better than the Note in many ways, but it also has a few not so great features.
One irritating problem is, that the steering is pulling to the right.
We have right hand traffic over here (Finland) so the roads tend to be inclined to the right.
Is there a problem with the cars steering, or is it just a Pulsar feature that it wants to pull to whichever side the road is inclined to?

gezt

Post by gezt »

probably just needs tracking to sort it.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Mine doesn't pull to the side at all. It suggests a problem with tracking or brakes and needs investigating. Get back to the dealership a.s.a.p.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Steering shouldn’t pull toto eeitheerlrleft or right. When cruising on an empty, straight stretch of road, take your hands off the wheel for a few seconds - the car should continue in a straight run line. If it veers to left or right - get it sorted under the warranty. Also you should ask them to check the front tyres for abnormal wear - again under warranty as misalignment can cause this.
Finsar

Post by Finsar »

Thank you for your comments.
I increased the tyre pressure from 2.2 bar to 2.5 bar and I believe this improved the steering somewhat. (195/60 16 tyres)
It is still pulling a little to the right though, so I guess I will have the dealership take a look at the problem.