Dipped Headlights , can I change to halogen?

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
af158

Post by af158 »

I put the post below about my headlights last week and have since taken the car in to a Nissan dealership to have them checked. They said they were within the legal limit which may be true but the headlights are still dazzling other motorists when I drive in the dark. Would it be a major job to change the headlights to halogen? This is really a last resort but I wont be driving the Pulsar with the lights the way they are for another winter.

"I've had my 15 plate Pulsar N-tec diesel for nearly 3 years now and cant fault it apart from its excessively bright headlights.
Does anyone know if there is any way that the LED bulbs can be changed to halogen or failing that, could the headlight unit be replaced altogether? I have asked a Nissan dealership and my local garage but they say it cant be done. I am seriously thinking about changing my car if I cant get the headlights replaced as I cant bear another winter with every other oncoming car flashing at me when I have my dipped headlights on (thinking I've got my main beams on), or cars slowing down in front of me with hazards on to indicate I am dazzling them with my lights.
Can anyone help please?"

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

You can manually adjust them so that they do not dazzle the oncoming road users. There was also a recall about 2 years ago which was to do with the headlight auto levelling system.

Behind the headlight there is a white screw which you can adjust. Join the Nissan Pulsar C13 Owners Club facebook group in my signature and ill guide you through it. I am the admin on there.
gezt

Post by gezt »

Whats the difference between this forum and the c13 forum then?
what exactly is a c13.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

gezt wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 pm Whats the difference between this forum and the c13 forum then?
what exactly is a c13.
The C13 is the model code.

The Qashqai is a J10, J11 or J11b

The only difference is the Facebook group is on Facebook. haha
gezt

Post by gezt »

Cheers for that info Mr