tpms sensor fault,is it covered by warranty

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Hello,
I have a tpms issue on the rear offside tyre.
The tyre symbol has appeared on the dash and the tyre pressure is showing blank on the display for that tyre,
The other 3 tyres are showing fine, so I checked the pressures on all four tyres and they are all showing as within the acceptable pressures.
Before I contact the Nissan garage I use, I have a question as whether the tpms sensor would be covered by the standard 3 year warranty that comes with the car.
Basically I would like to know where I stand with warranty prior to garage visit.
The car is registered 03/16 so still within warranty.

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

morning mickey, I would think the whole car is covered , that's the way I look at it.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

ok thanks
gezt

Post by gezt »

Yes it is, just had one replaced under warranty.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

booked in for Monday week
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Finally been done, 1st time they recalibrated and cleared light, but issue came back so today new sensor fitted under warranty.
HillBill

Post by HillBill »

good to hear!
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Asked a question regards to warranty whilst there.
My 3 year warranty runs out next March so I asked if the sensor fitted is covered by 12 months parts warranty.
Answer was that once the car warranty finishes the warranty on any parts replaced during the warranty period finishes as well.
Only parts paid for, which is not relevant under 3 year warranty, are subject to parts warranty.

But Nissan are flexible if for example a part fitted under warranty shortly before it runs out, (no indication as to what shortly would be in time) fails then they may replace at no cost to the owner.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Considering how small this group is, it's a bit concerning that there seem to be so many tpms sensor failures. I had one today and can't get it in until 25th September. Service reception say they can't take my word for it that the tyre is OK, despite having driven nearly 50 miles since the light came on and the pressure still being correct using a hand held guage.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

i know, they treat us like imbeciles sometimes.
When I 1st phoned they asked if tyre was flat, is pressure low, no and no I replied, I have checked the pressures all around and all were ok.