tpms sensor fault,is it covered by warranty

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I really don't like the general attitude of people at my local Nissan dealership but they are the only show in town. I mentioned once before about them thinking problems with Stop/Start were basically a joke. Their actual comment was along the lines that I was lucky mine only played up occasionally as most don't work at all.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Has anybody else had the tyre pressure warning clear itself? It came on on Friday 14th September and has been on ever since. I was driving today and it suddenly went out. I'd done nothing other than check the tyre pressures during that period, and pressure between front tyres had remained constant. By that I mean that although pressure shown on the instrument panel, and on digital hand guage, varied by a couple of psi on different days to two tyres pressure always matched.

Updating to add: I call in to Nissan to cancel the fault find for tomorrow. Guy there wasn't surprised. He said they can recalibrate themselves and clear the warning. 10 days does seem excessive although I don't do huge mileage.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

I'm almost dreading the time when it comes to change tyres now ! I've done about 8500 on these Michelin Prop Pilots and seem to have plenty of life left in them. Good job I've got about 18 months warranty left !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I needed new fronts after 11k and I don't have a heavy right foot. No problem with the sensors then. In fact they potentially saved me from a major problem. Tyre pressures on the panel showed as around 40 psi. Initially I assumed it was just down to the sensore not settling but when I checked with a separate guage that was showing the same. I deflated to the proper setting and contacted the place they were fitted. The response was along the lines of "Oh yeah, we had some problems with the air line that day". No attempt to contact me though.