Warning System Fault shortly after start up

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
preston85

Post by preston85 »

Hi!

I am posting for a bit of help with my Nissan Pulsar (15 plate, Tekna Dig-t) and i apologise if this issue has been covered already, i have searched through the forum but not found the exact same issue as mine.
My issue is, in the mornings my Nissan Pulsar after start up shows the car skid warning (Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) i think that its official name) then following by a 'Warning System Fault'.
I can prevent the system fault from appearing if i restart my car after seeing the VDC warning.
I have mentioned this to Nissan when i took it for a service and they did mention something about a sensor/battery somewhere but it was never resolved.
I have noticed this only seems to occur on cold/damp mornings. Also, unsure if it would make a difference but my car is parked with the rear wheels slightly higher than the front (drive has a slight slope).

I have some images of the issue below (apologies as the pics were taken on different days however the issue is this sequential):

Pulsar - 1.png

Pulsar - 2.png

I would be grateful to know if anyone else has come across this issue and potential resolution/fix?

Thanks

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

So the garage know of an issue but did not resolve it, is the car still in warranty and did they look at it whilst the car was still in warranty.

Argue the case that they should have resolved the possible known issue at the time.

Try to get hold of a ODB2 reader and see what faults it shows you, then you can check the fault codes on internet which should help point you in the right direction as to what may need fixing/replacing.

Sorry cannot give you better technical guidance but the rear wheels been slightly higher than the fronts should make no difference, that's how I park on my drive.
preston85

Post by preston85 »

Apologies, i should have corrected the above.
I informed Nissan i had seen this issue when they were doing something on the car, outside of the warranty (I am literally not long over the 3 years).
I wasnt entirely confident it had been looked at when i mentioned but given it was summer time the issue wasnt commonly seen (literally colder mornings have been when i have had the problem).
Ill see if i can get hold of the ODB2 readers and see from there. Should i plug a reader in as i start the car and see the issue?
Thanks
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

plug it in and it should show any previous codes still stored as well as any fault codes presently on system.
you can try it prior to startup and then after startup.

any codes you get check them out on internet, some of the information may not make sense to us numties but a mechanic should have better understanding ot them.
gezt

Post by gezt »

Had exactly same issue, took it to Nissan dealer and was told brake fluid was low and that caused the system fault. Not sure if I believe that excuse but not had that problem since. Might be worth a look but I have my doubts,more likely needs system resetting.