Start/Stop system permanent disabled

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Swe

Post by Swe »

To get this system permanent disabled, the system must indicate open bonnet. The switch contact for this is located in the bonnet mechanism. Remove the black plastic cover, use a tiny screwdriver to lift the plugs pic(1). Locate the connector (pic2) and open it. Put a very tiny copper wire in the two holes(pic3). Reassemble the connector with care, system is now permanent indicating "open". Put the black cover back again and push the plastic plugs down gently. Done!!

IMG_20181207_113726.jpg

IMG_20181207_113802.jpg

IMG_20181207_114900.jpg

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Thanks for the method. I'll wait until the warranty expires before trying it.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

I have often thought about doing this, but then I also think...… what state does this put the alarm in?!
Swe

Post by Swe »

Splank, are you sure that you have an active theft alarm installed?? This was optional, maybe included in certain trim levels. Would be interesting if members of this forum can confirm this. I don't have it installed, just a fake red led flash and key imobilizer.
Deleted User 667

Yes as I've set it off a couple of times :lol:
Swe

Post by Swe »

Interesting!! N-tec, Do you have special disable button for pets on panel above the mirror, or how do you turn it off??
Deleted User 667

No, I don't think it has internal sensors. Just if doors are opened I believe but I have never fully looked into it to be fair other than I know I've somehow locked the car using the fob, but then quickly gone into the boot which has set the alarm off.