No air from defroster vents

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
ppd

Post by ppd »

Hi guys,

Background story:

My Pulsar had a problem with leaves (from a tree :D) being stuck in the area behind the blower motor and thus causing serious noise issues (whirring etc.). My dealer was useless in removing all of said leaves and charged me for one hour of work without any noticeable improvement (at least they replaced the filter). Of course no warranty would apply and further improvement could only be achieved by disassembling the entire instrument panel etc.

Long story short: I removed the blower motor myself, stuck my hand (and a vacuum cleaner nozzle) in there and removed a lonely leaf. So much for the whirring/buzzing sound.

The problem now:

No air is coming from the vents towards the windshield whatsoever. I suspect the "center ventilator and defroster door" (taken from a Qashqai manual) does not shift to the correct position for whatever reason now.

Do you have any tips for me aside from disassembling _everything_ till I get to those very doors?
I can't risk further "find the problem" orders at the dealership that leave me with the risk of hundreds of € for the vague chance that some warranty might apply after I had to fiddle with the ventilation system myself.

Best wishes
Max
2016 Pulsar Tekna 1.6 DIG-T

ppd

Post by ppd »

Okay, that one is on me:

I disassembled everything again to take a look at the motors and levers on the heater box. What I found was two disconnected stepper motors with the cables dangling behind them.

I had seen those dangling connectors when I removed the blower motor but paid no attention to them as I had just had the car serviced in this specific area by the dealer and just assumed that they would be there for some extraneous module or something like that.

So, case closed, everything is back in order except the airbag warning light. I need to reset that after having disconnected the airbag switch on/in the glovebox.

Cheers
Max
2016 Pulsar Tekna 1.6 DIG-T