Pulsar Wet Rear Passenger Footwell Help Please.

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
PulsarNismo94

Post by PulsarNismo94 »

Cheers dude, Hope you and all family are well yourself!

As a Nissan tech I can tell you it's just the way the vehicle is tuned. The turbo on our 190s kicks in at 2kRPM and begins to drop boost after 4k rpm,
I feel the hesitation occurs mainly when shifting at high RPM (maybe 5.5krpm for example) the revs stay high, and so the turbo is still not putting out as much boost as we want lol, causing the split second hesitation.

The 190s are torquey as hell but in low rpm.

I've just installed a secondary decat which has made quite the difference, intercooler an intake next then ready for a stage 2 remap.. 245bhp 330nm torque, improved boost through out the rev range.

I'm going a bit OTT but I love seeing ST drivers humiliated by our humble nissans lol

Tyres are definitely an issue, the low end torque eats em up too! Luckily I can pay in parts for mine or I'd be ruined lol

Glad to hear both our pulsars have stayed dry, touch wood lol

Take care buddy
Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Dig-T '15

Anissan

Post by Anissan »

Hi hoping someone can help. I purchased a 2015 pulsar digitech1.2 petrol last month

Drove through a huge puddle in the bad weather and when I went to vacuum the found passger footwell was soaked through. Dried it all out properly but also noticed that there is a leak in the join running round the door frame. I've sealed it with all weather sealant and that seems to have worked at stopping the leak. I'm hoping that will work long term

Wanted to know in anyones experience that had I taken it to the garage as it has a 3 month warranty or any garage for that matter would they have done the same ? The garage I bought it from is 60 miles away so a bit of a pain. I'd take it local but kind of pointless if they would just seal the leak in a similar way.

Taken a couple of pics but it's quite hard to show where the leak is. I've circled in blue where the leak is.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Screenshot_20220301-134438_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220301-134448_Gallery.jpg

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Most people from this forum have moved to the Nissan Pulsar C13 Owners Club on Facebook. If you are on Facebook, you will get more response there.
Anissan

Post by Anissan »

Thanks kt. I'll have a look there.
popularlong

Post by popularlong »

Anissan wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:49 pm Hi hoping someone can help. I purchased a 2015 pulsar digitech1.2 petrol last month

Drove through a huge puddle in the bad weather and when I went to vacuum the found passger footwell was soaked through. Dried it all out properly but also noticed that there is a leak in the join running round the door frame. I've sealed it with all weather sealant and that seems to have worked at stopping the leak. I'm hoping that will work long term

Wanted to know in anyones experience that had I taken it to the garage as it has a 3 month warranty or any garage for that matter would they have done the same ? The garage I bought it from is 60 miles away so a bit of a pain. I'd take it local but kind of pointless if they would just seal the leak in a similar way.

Taken a couple of pics but it's quite hard to show where the leak is. I've circled in blue where the leak is.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Hello, I also encountered a similar issue as you did. Although it has been over a year since you raised the question, I hope that my experience can still be helpful to you. As shown in the picture, why does water enter the car through the gaps? I suggest not only sealing the gaps inside the car but also sealing the gaps above the tires. Otherwise, water can accumulate between the gaps inside and outside the car, which may lead to rust over time.

2023-06-17 01_09_44.png