Just lowered.. Knocking!?

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Sean21391

Post by Sean21391 »

Just lowered my pulsar last night (i am a nissan tech) on h&r 30mm springs and after driving this morning noticed a small clunk noise from both sides at the front..i have triple checked everything i have done but cant seem to get my finger on it!? Anyone else lowered had this issue?

pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

I have just ordered these springs. Are you still having the issue?
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

I have not lowered ours but we get a clunk now the bushes have started to wear in when hitting speed bumps its noticeable but nothing worrying I checked the wishbones and struts when I was cleaning under there and nothing is fowling. I think it is just the bushes settling in not the fact you have lowered it.
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Just lowered mine on some H&R 30mm springs that I got from ebay.
The chap I bought them off said that his wife had asked him to take them off as it was too low for her, but i'm wondering if he had a similar issue and decided to get rid.

Going lock to lock on the front, I can hear the springs making a "clunking" noise.

They are seated correctly at the bottom and feel fine at the top....

Any thoughts?
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Ronnieronson wrote:Just lowered mine on some H&R 30mm springs that I got from ebay.
The chap I bought them off said that his wife had asked him to take them off as it was too low for her, but i'm wondering if he had a similar issue and decided to get rid.

Going lock to lock on the front, I can hear the springs making a "clunking" noise.

They are seated correctly at the bottom and feel fine at the top....

Any thoughts?
I have lowered mine on Eibach springs and have not had any problems... Hope you guys find out what it is
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

Literally changed the springs today to eibachs- 100% noise free

Seems like the top few coils have too little pre-load on the h&r's, which causes them to lay on top of one another under steering load- hence the noise.

Despite mine being an eBay purchase I'm going to see if H&R will take them back for some kind of partial refund... Will let you guys know how I get on
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Ronnieronson wrote:Literally changed the springs today to eibachs- 100% noise free

Seems like the top few coils have too little pre-load on the h&r's, which causes them to lay on top of one another under steering load- hence the noise.

Despite mine being an eBay purchase I'm going to see if H&R will take them back for some kind of partial refund... Will let you guys know how I get on
Glad you found out what caused it.