Stop/Start Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
RPJ

Post by RPJ »

Just to provide an update. I took the car into my local Nissan dealer at the end of last week. They ran a diagnostics check and told me the Stop / Start system fault was being caused by a low cell in the battery. They replaced it and the fault has now gone, although I had the pleasure of being charged £130! When I queried whether I had been billed for the diagnostics checks, they said no and that I had only been charged for the new battery. Is £130 about right for a replacement battery? Also this is my third battery in just over 3 years. Is that normal? The first one leaked and was replaced under warranty in August 2016. When I queried this one I was told that it was only subject to a 12 month guarantee and was not covered. For now, the car seems fine and I haven't had the fault since, which is a relief, but I am a little miffed that I had to pay for the battery. I have contacted Nissan Customer Service as advised by kt53 but I'm not optimistic, thanks.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

I've just had a quick look on one car spares website. Their comment about batteries is that they should typically last about 4 years. 3 in 3 years strongly suggests a manufacturing fault and I would be pushing hard for a free replacement.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

^^ or a problem with the charging system?!
danielk

Post by danielk »

Anyone fit to tell me is this a good battery or one of the bad ones?

DSC_1689.JPG

keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

Bad. All of the numbers are the same as my one which was declared bad, and swapped under warranty by Nissan.

Posts on the qashqai forums also have this battery with the same numbers, being declared bad.
danielk

Post by danielk »

My cars going for a service next week,,,ill say to them its acting up and hopfully they'll change it out free of charge
Cause aim just gone 2 weeks over my 1st year warrenty on the battery
keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

My car was about a month away from the 3 year warranty expiring, when the battery became faulty (a bad cell, they said), and they fitted a new one with no problems at all (Nissan - Dunfermline).

This still didn't cure all of my problems, and about a week later it was back in for new glow plugs, again done with no problems under the warranty.

Car has been fine since, including the last week of sub zero temps and snow, etc.

I've not been following all of your posts Daniel, but I get the impression your failed battery is a replacement battery? If I'm right, then I'd be asking why they are fitting known bad batteries as replacements!
Oli01

Post by Oli01 »

Just quick reply of appreciation.
We had the dashboard make make all types of clicking noises when trying to start it, with loads of led warning lights coming on. Eventually it said stop / stop system fault. Checking this thread helped tonnes.
1) trickle charged the battery to start it
2) Nissan replaced the battery FOC, plus did the ECU update recall.

Again thanks to all. 👍
Seafield 5

Post by Seafield 5 »

Hi I need help with Pulsar 1.2 petrol 2016 year.
Stop/Start intermittently fails and when I try to restart if will not work particularly when u hit S/Start button brake pedal hardens up and after 2minutes it works. Been back with dealer and no satisfaction

Any suggestions??
yus

Post by yus »

Hi guys

I’m having the same issue with Stop Start System Fault, got a 2016 Nissan Pulsar N-Connecta.

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys got resolved and are your cars working since the problem.

Yousuf