Stop/Start Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Yes I know about the switch, but I'd just like to disable it permanently as it's not much use in my opinion. Having to set the switch every time you start the engine is irritating.

greigspain

Post by greigspain »

mrrichmond1995 wrote:Have you guys all got the 1.5 diesel engine in your cars?

I had this problem and I know what is causing it.
Mine is a 1.5 diesel and yes I am having this problem. What is causing it? Any help would save me a trip to a Spanish Nissan garage :?
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

greigspain wrote:
mrrichmond1995 wrote:Have you guys all got the 1.5 diesel engine in your cars?

I had this problem and I know what is causing it.
Mine is a 1.5 diesel and yes I am having this problem. What is causing it? Any help would save me a trip to a Spanish Nissan garage :?
Does it flash up saying stop start system faulty and then give you a orange check engine light?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Mine's a 1.2 petrol, and I don't get any display about system fault.
barton71

Post by barton71 »

kt53 wrote:Mine's a 1.2 petrol, and I don't get any display about system fault.

Me neither. It just seems to not be working, or at the least it's hit or miss whether it works or not and majority of the time it's not.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Operation of the Stop/Start system is inconsistent to say the least. I take my wife to work every morning, using exactly the same route. There hasn't been much difference in weather / temperature over the past couple of weeks but the S/S acts very differently. Sometimes it kicks in when I stop at the bottom of our road which is after no more than 1/4 mile. Other times I almost reach her work at 3 1/2 miles before it kicks in for the first time.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

My stop start has a mind of it's own and I let it do what it wants, and hope that it doesn't start playing up. This is another thing which Nissan haven't got right before launching it on the public. Instead of seeing how many gimmicks they can squash into a car, they ought to give more consideration to the user experience.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

I don't think the stop start system is faulty,the technology is flawed.I had the same with a Kia Venga it only worked when the correct criteria was met!!
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
kt53

Post by kt53 »

cousinjack wrote:I don't think the stop start system is faulty,the technology is flawed.I had the same with a Kia Venga it only worked when the correct criteria was met!!
Fair comment on the difference between faulty and flawed. I accept that 'flawed' is nearer the mark, but either way it's a pain in the a**e and I switch it off when I start the engine (assuming I remember). Earlier today I was sat at lights, Stop/Start cut in to kill the engine and then started back up after about 20 seconds. The car hadn't moved and I didn't touch any of the pedals!
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Yes, I've had similar experiences, just how much fuel is being saved by the engine going off for a few seconds! It's a joke really , but it looks good in the pre-sales blurb. I just hope mine doesn't go from flawed to faulty, as I've got no faith in Nissan being interested.