Stop/Start Fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
SimonK

Post by SimonK »

Just had this fault too, said it was a software issues, picked it, drove 200 yards, same fault appeared, took it back and they said it was a faulty O2 sensor, it was replaced and touch wood been ok since.. Mines 1.6t btw

stdjmax

Post by stdjmax »

Nissan stop/start hack
- -------------------------------------------
How to make you car stop when stuck in traffic
At the moment the current technology feature does not allow stop/start when stuck in traffic because the car need to move at least certain distance to activate it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQQsGSXAzg
mrflab

Post by mrflab »

Same problem with my Acenta 1.5 dci. It was the battery that was damaged ( but the car was starting regulary) and was unable to support hard work of start and stop . The on board computer check the status of the battery , and if it isn't ok the s&s is disable. The battery was changed on warranty and now is all right
Pulsar 1.5 dci acenta Pearl White 02/2015 km 130000
mrflab

Post by mrflab »

I know my english is terrible, but I would like to see how you can write in Italian ;)
Pulsar 1.5 dci acenta Pearl White 02/2015 km 130000
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

i got this shit today, stop start system fault on all the time, charged the battery 14hrs (with a stop start battery compatible charger) still shows the error.
Davido

Post by Davido »

Munchkin wrote:We bought a brand new Pulsar in January. After just a couple of days it developed a Stop/Start fault. The warning said 'system fault'. The Stop/Start light constantly flashes. It is going back to our Nissan dealer tomorrow for the 3rd time. At first they just reset it. That didn't work! Next they first said that it was a software problem. New software was loaded. However, the fault re-appeared the very next day. Now they want our car for a couple of days to run it around. Nissan have told us that is was a common fault with the Qashqai, however, this has now been resolved. So, why can't they resolve our problem? Also, where do we stand, as we have had the car for 5 months now. The point is, if we wanted to sell it, we could only sell it back to Nissan as a private buyer would not purchase it when a fault light is flashing. I have read the Qashqai forums and some people say that the Stop/Start will not work when the Air con is on? Other people have said that Nissan "adjusted clutch switch to correct specification" to clear the fault? It seems to me that no-one quite knows how to resolve this and we are left with a vehicle that will always cause us problems. Shame.... we traded in our lovely Ford Kuga because it had a Diesel Particulate Filter fault. Why are manufacturers still fitting new Eco friendly devices which clearly DO NOT work and are clearly only there to attract the buyer? Frustrated..... from Hull.
Same problem occurred to me last week car broke down after fault appeared. RAC person said I had a faulty battery and replaced it. I am now not convinced it will not happen again.
atallon

Post by atallon »

I can only speak from personal experience, but i have the 1.5 Diesel model and what I learned was I was driving the car to carefully.

Sounds a bit strange but if you ever get the error, drop a gear and rev the car very high and the Stop/Start fault goes off for me. I was advised it was the engin clogging up because it was being driven so carefully and not getting the full tork out of the engine
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

The stop / start on my Pulsar (1.2 Nconnect) stopped functioning just before Christmas until 2 weeks ago.After a 250 mile trip it has started to work again,What's changed ? the weather it stopped working when the temperature dropped and started working again when the weather warmed up and the long trip giving the battery a good charge! It has worked flawlessly over the last couple of weeks.

Although it should work properly all the time i think the technology is suspect .If you troll through other car forums you will find the same complaints about
stop/star. I had a 63 plate Kia Venga 1.6 CDRI and the same thing happened with that one!

Not so sure i like the flat spot that the Pulsar has hoping when it goes in for it's first service next week that something can be done.That's about the only niggle i have with the car.
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I would be happy if Stop/Start just wasn't there at all. To use one of my mother's expressions "It's neither use nor ornament". Stop at lights and the engine stops - for all of 30 seconds then it burst back into life without the car moving or me touching any of the pedals. In slow moving, stop-start traffic, it doesn't work at all after the first 'stop'. Surely to be of most benefit that' exactly when you do want it to operate, to stop spewing fumes into the air.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

you can turn off the start/stop system, there's a switch on the right of the steering colume