Have you seen the light

Problems using the forum - post here. Not Car Related.
stuart

Post by stuart »

First time out in the dark, side lights and dipped headlights fantastic on main roads.
Turned on main beam on side road , are they on, is there a fault, yes they are on not very bright.
Next day down to Halfords for a set of something brighter, assistant looked through the list only lamps for Pulsar are standard H9.
Contacted Nissan dealer they didn't know what bulb to fit H9 or H7. (actually says H7 in manual but standard H9 were fitted )
They contacted me later and informed me they are fitted with standard H9 and there isn't an upgrade to Xenon or anything that good only standard lamps .
Next day good old amazon, took half an hour to go through various halogen and xenon but no H9.
Then I found Techmax LED H11 which are also H8,H9 compatible.
Ordered less than £30-00 free delivery arrived in 3 days. with 3 year warranty.
Took them to my local garage to make sure they were fitted correctly seven minutes later they were in and working. (plug and go that simple).
Now I can see the other side of the moon they are fantastic

cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

Fitted a pair in mine this week.Makes a big difference !
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

stuart wrote:First time out in the dark, side lights and dipped headlights fantastic on main roads.
Turned on main beam on side road , are they on, is there a fault, yes they are on not very bright.
Next day down to Halfords for a set of something brighter, assistant looked through the list only lamps for Pulsar are standard H9.
Contacted Nissan dealer they didn't know what bulb to fit H9 or H7. (actually says H7 in manual but standard H9 were fitted )
They contacted me later and informed me they are fitted with standard H9 and there isn't an upgrade to Xenon or anything that good only standard lamps .
Next day good old amazon, took half an hour to go through various halogen and xenon but no H9.
Then I found Techmax LED H11 which are also H8,H9 compatible.
Ordered less than £30-00 free delivery arrived in 3 days. with 3 year warranty.
Took them to my local garage to make sure they were fitted correctly seven minutes later they were in and working. (plug and go that simple).
Now I can see the other side of the moon they are fantastic
A lot of people saw my post and then went out and got these LED bulbs! Fantastic light output!
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

That's interesting, I've got LED dips, so the rather puny halogen main beams are a bit of a disappointment. I'll grab a pair of those when I can. It's main beam so there's no worries about blinding people as it would be if it was the dipped ones.

It's weird that none of the manufacturers who make high performance halogens such as Philips or Osram in H7, H1, H4 etc. don't make H9 equivalents.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Alun1957 wrote:That's interesting, I've got LED dips, so the rather puny halogen main beams are a bit of a disappointment. I'll grab a pair of those when I can. It's main beam so there's no worries about blinding people as it would be if it was the dipped ones.

It's weird that none of the manufacturers who make high performance halogens such as Philips or Osram in H7, H1, H4 etc. don't make H9 equivalents.
That's very true! I think the way forward is LED headlights both dip beam and high beam.
BCH

Post by BCH »

Were the Techmax LED H11 easy to fit ie just a strat swop ?
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Had my car 6 months now - don't think I've even tried full beam yet !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
BCH

Post by BCH »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nottmsteve wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:18 am Had my car 6 months now - don't think I've even tried full beam yet !
Swe

Post by Swe »

Modified rear light. 12v Led strip in red color, connected to ordinary parking light now. Intend later connect them to ignition in order to get led light together with drl.

IMGP0053.JPG

Last edited by Swe on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCH

Post by BCH »

Looks good any details about it ?