Battery Problem

Problems using the forum - post here. Not Car Related.
Dag1932

Post by Dag1932 »

I have a two year old 1.2 Ntec auto which does not travel a lot of miles. It was purchased from Glyn Hopkin in March 2017 with just 7000 miles on the clock and generally I have been very happy with it. I recently came back from a trip the the north of England and this week I had to call out the RAC (advised by Glyn Hopkin) as I was having a problem restarting the car at the end of a journey. The RAC arrived and immediately said that the problem was a flat battery and as soon as they had boosted it all appeared OK. I was advised to continue too charge the battery overnight and do so every month or so as I do not do a lot of miles. I explained that the failure to start was after coming back from a local trip and I would have thought was charged.
I will keep and eye on it and wondered if any other owners had experienced similar problems.
Dag1032

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

what make of battery is it? there was an iffy batch of battery's knocking around (more noted on the QQ forums) in the earlier models. get the dealer to do a proper battery test
bartw

Post by bartw »

Just had my genuine Nissan battery (EFB type) replaced under warranty today. Collected the car and see they've fitted a lead acid battery?!?!? Looking around on the internet, it seems this battery is not suitable for cars with a stop/start system. Anyone had any experience with this? Should I take this up with the dealership? It doesn't even have any branding on it at all.
2015 1.2 X-Tronic
gezt

Post by gezt »

Take it back and tell them you want an original .
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

You'd think a Nissan dealer would put Nissan parts in.
Psychoman67

Post by Psychoman67 »

Not sure if this helps, but I've just had the same problem.

It's a link to my post.

https://www.pulsarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=443

Cheers...
Fingeronthepulsar

Post by Fingeronthepulsar »

Hi all, new to the forum, I have a 2016 reg 1.2 dig n-tec purchased in June, just 1 year old. Recently I had battery problem after leaving car locked for 4 days while we went away. Car failed to start on return, lots of clicking from under the bonnet & "System fault" showing on dash monitor. Called breakdown phone number shown on door pillar ( well done Nissan, good point), RAC arrived just over the hour, diagnosed duff cell in battery, jump started car with his battery pack. He did not have replacement on board so I decided to drive home & get local dealer to renew under warranty which they did without any quibbles. They also performed a software update which they said " Would increase the manifold pressure to decrease oil consumption" ( I had not noticed ant undue oil consumption) & washed & valeted the car at no charge! Apart from above, well pleased with car.