New car

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Hello, I've purchased a new pre reg Pulsar 1.2 Tekna in azure Blue , seems O.K so far ! It seems this model is unpopular which suits me with £6,000 off list price.
I'll be finding about anything which puzzles me on this forum , I hope!

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Welcome to the forums !

I've got the same model and I'm happy with it. Mine was ex-demo so plenty of extra bits on it - 18" wheels etc. Like you I made a big saving on list - about £7k I reckoned.

So far I've done about 2500 miles in the six months I've had it and am enjoying every drive !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I think you'll find that all models of the Pulsar are unpopular :D Sales have apparently been poor across the range but I'm not bothered about that. I also got a few grand off the list price back in November 16, and as I have no plans to sell depreciation isn't an issue for me.
Speaking to the guy in service reception at our local dealership, the main problem seems to be with the Stop/Start system which appears to fail on a regular basis. I had a variant on that with the car stalling when restarting from Stop/Start. I simply switch the system off now as soon as I've started the engine.
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

It’s interesting Nissan’s sales strategy.
The Pulsar is never going to sell if it’s not promoted. I think the reason is because Pulsar sales may come at the expense of the Qashqai which is popular and made here. When the Pulsar was launched Nissan were asked about its USP and one of the points was it was 10% cheaper than the Qashqai. Well since the £2K price drop of last year it is now 20% lower. It must be 80% Qashqai and similar size. Don’t tell me car pricing isn’t arbitrary.

I do see more about these days. Value for money must help.
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'd always thought its USP was the rear legroom which is certainly far better than the Focus, which is the market it's aimed at. Speaking to the guys at the dealership when it was in for service their feeling was that not enough was done to promote it when trying to break into such established market leaders as Ford, Vauxhall and VW.