2018 Nissan Pulsar Tekna

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Good afternoon from Derbyshire.

I picked up my new car yesterday. Nothing "special", but as far as I'm concerned, it does the job and has a lot of kit. Especially when you consider that for a similar price I was looking at Citroens/Peugeots, Seats/Skodas and even a Suzuki or two and was getting next to nothing in terms of features and comforts.

Anyway, here is a quick video, a few hours after collecting the car
Collecting My New Car For 2018 - It's a Nissan - YouTube

I do plan on trying to keep a video diary of the car. I don't intend on keeping it much past 3 years (4 at the most), so anything I do do to the car will be minimal and easily removed.

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Watched your video, I have 1.6 tekna 2016
Are you sure the armrest does not slide, thought this was standard across the range.
Took me a while to get used to handbrake position, only real niggles I have is the poor road surfaces really do show up with my 18" wheels and some minor rattles every now and then from display surround and sunvisors.
Shame Nissan did not give the door mirrors automatic folding option when ignition turned off instead of having to remember to push a button.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Armrest does slide forward, although starting from as far back as it does, I don't think it'sneither use nor ornament.

Auto folding mirrors were banned by some EC directive a few years back - or so I remember reading.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Yup, doesn't slide at all. It was a £55 upgrade for the one that does, and they refused to throw it in as a sweetner.

I know what you mean about auto folding mirrors, the other half asked that when we picked up. Also would be nice if I could put windows up/down with the remote like most other cars I've owned (simply by holding the lock or unlock button on the key)
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

You're missing nowt mate. Anything more than a fiver and it's not worth it !

I've never thought about the windows to be honest. Can't see what use it would be to me.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Mine's got the sliding armrest but it's always set fully back. It might be useful for somebody who has the seat a long way forward, but I can think of plenty of other things which would be more use.
I rarely drive with windows open so I'm unlikely to need to close them once out of the car, the facility would be more use than the sliding armrest though.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

You have got yourself a new subscriber!
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

Cheers fella.... New foot mats arrived today
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Hello,
I have a 1.2 Pulsar Tekna , I bought it last month as a pre registration with 10 miles and a very decent £6000 plus off the price , which really brings it down to the correct price a far as I'm concerned.

Mine has a sliding armrest which I really only discovered by accident ! I think the 18" wheels give it a very harsh ride which makes all the rattles from the dash sound even worse on the appalling local roads, but it handles just the way I like , the steering is nicely neutral ,I just don't understand some of the moaning road testers whinging about the 'boring ride'.

The position of the handbrake is really poor as Nissan couldn't be bothered to move it for right-hand drive vehicles also while I'm moaning does anyone else find locating the opening buttons for the hatch are a really poor design , I don't want to be fiddling around trying to find the opening button when it's pouring down with rain.

Another strange trait of the car is when you stop on a hill and put the handbrake on the car moves either forwards or backwards a small amount depending which way the hill slopes, it gave me a few more grey hairs !!

I'm still getting used to the Pulsar which is much better than my previous car a Renault Captur which was a very unreliable and poor handling car.

All the best from Neale.
RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

I found out that morning that, other than the driver's window, the rest you have to hold down the switch! What the actual fuck! How is 1 touch not standard these days? I understand it on entry specs (like SWMBO's Celario), but when you have the "top spec", it should be a given! Hell, my 17 year old Ibiza Cupra in the garage has single touch switches!