Newbie soon to be pulsar owner

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Hi
After deliberating for about 6 months, watching some of randomlyset's videos and experiencing what I shall only refer to as a "moment" in my current car. I've reserved a 15 plate pulsar Tekna. Seems to be in really good condition. Hopefully going to be picking up next week or week after. Not sure exactly why I get so excited about pulsars but i always seem to have pretty realistic ambitions in life haha!

Hopefully I won't have to but signed up in case I need to post a list of "how do you..." questions. Coming from a 9 year old twingo without aircon... a Tekna seems more like a spaceship than a car!

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Had mine nearly a year now and don't regret the choice. Love all the gadgets and the space, not to mention the comfort.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

There are niggly issues, but overall I'm pretty happy with mine. Issues I've had have been with Stop/Start stalls and the auto wipers going demented in the lightest of showers but failing to activate when its persisting down.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

I just hope I can drive the thing and I haven't made a terrible mistake. I have to keep reminding myself I'm not doing it on a whim. My car is old and its not practical even for a weekly shop these days! But thoughts of getting into the car park at work are giving me knots in my stomach and the ever growing list of things I didn't check... like does the left back door open and close ok... since all the other doors got used... eek suppose it's probably natural.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Don't panic Pinky. It is certainly drivable. It just takes a bit of time to get used to its peculiarities.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Sounds promising haha. Mind my current car has a full list itself
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

I have just gone from a Twingo GT to a Pulsar and it is much better, you are right it is like having a spaceship compared to the twingo!
The pulsar feels so much better for handling and a lot safer and I am sure you will have less go wrong with it than the twingo.
The pulsar overall is much more drive able and doesn't rattle at 70!
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Wow thanks. My twingo isn't a GT so you can imagine it's probably a bigger upgrade. Glad you've said this as I'm so comfortable driving my twingo I am worried about my driving ability haha but you've given me a little boost of confidence if you like it!
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

You will be fine driving this, only issue I had was getting used to the 6th gear. But a week on I'm used to it, and the fact I don't have to turn the stereo up full whack to drown out the road noise is a bonus.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Must say I'm looking forward to having a bit of suspension... and a boot light! You probs will have had one in a GT? Mine didn't unfortunately so I'm in this habit of parking beside lights in car parks haha