Engine Problems 1.2turbo

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Keep a close eye on your oil level

A *small* amount of loss between services is normal, but anything more than 0.5L between service is IMHO excessive.

Min and max on the dipstick is about 1L

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Useful information thanks Splank.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Keep a close eye on oil usage. Basically there should be very little oil consumed. If you find you have to top it up regularly get back to the dealership a.s.a.p.
Particulate Driver

Not really, the Pular is a good car, and a15 plate should have had any teething problems ironed out. I think it’s just a case of letting them know if you feel something is wrong.
My car needed a new battery, after it wouldn’t start one morning - called Nissan assistance and the RAC fitted a new battery. It was part of a batch of faulty batteries , yours could be in led as mine’s a 65 plate - keep your eye on that then - maybe ask them to check the battery when it goes in for service. Mine suddenly failed without any warning, which is unusual for a battery.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

So check the oil... lol not really something I've EVER done if I'm honest hehe.

My mother's 09 micra had battery problems. Went on holiday and when we got back it was dead... 1 week on th drive. Nissan replaced it as a known issue. My car has been sitting for a week as we have been away and I am a little itchy to start it tomorrow and get away home... Got RAC anyway so should be fine.
Particulate Driver

Sitting on the drive for a week shouldn’t affect the battery.
Chetterbox

Post by Chetterbox »

listen out for what sounds like an exhaust rattling noise and using a lot of oil.
Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

My previous car was a Pulsar 1.2 DGI-T 15 plate.
It was drinking oil,I added 12 litres in less than 10,000 miles.After adding another 2 litres of oil I booked it in at Nissan for investigation.
Before that date the engine lights came on,limp mode,and the engine was destroyed and had engine and turbo replaced under warranty,2.5 years old and 35,000 miles.
As soon as I got it back,which was 7 weeks later,I traded it in for a new Juke 1.6 auto which has now done 7,500 miles and oil level has not moved yet.
The 2 stories I was told was wrong size pistons were fitted and piston rings were fitted upside down.
It developed a rattling noise which indicated low oil level,it went from max level to virtually nothing in less than 600 miles.
I spent over £100 on oil from the 24,000 service to 35,000
Slioch

Post by Slioch »

Hi Guys

I'm going to send you a link to another thread on this forum that i posted. I think you will find it useful and when i tell you that Dicksons of Inverness have replaced 13 engines in Nissan vehicles in the last 12 months then you can tell that the scale of the problem is huge.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=95&start=60
helpme!

Post by helpme! »

Looks like the issue is still ongoing. I have a 67 plate Pulsar and have now been told it needs a new engine, Glyn Hopkins can't really help, Nissan are offering me a free service to make up for it - I'm now heading to trading standards for advice, the car is not fit for purpose.

Does anyone know if it's been covered by Watchdog, I'm looking for as many cases as possible to prove that it's a known fault to get my exchange / refund.