Newbie to Pulsar

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
alibubs73

Post by alibubs73 »

Hello all Pulsar users out there. I have just purchased a 2018 Pulsar 1.5 diesel Tekna to replace the Note Tekna 1.5 cdi which gave me 3 years trouble free motoring so hopefully will this one do the same. Is there anything I should look out for that may be considered as niggling faults that can be had from a new car? :D :D :D

kt53

Post by kt53 »

One of the most commonly complained about issues is with the Stop/Start function. Basically it seems to work if and when it feels like it. I had a problem with the car stalling when coming back to life and, when I mentioned it at the dealership, the response was a half laugh and a comment that most people complain about it not working at all.
alibubs73

Post by alibubs73 »

Thank you kt53 for that info will keep a watchful eye out for that problem.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

On the odd occasion mine kicks in (never really stopped out of gear on my commute anyway) it packs in with such a jolt I think it's stalled... very responsive when coming back to life but that suits me.

My biggest issue has just been getting used to pulling away in the thing without looking like I can't drive lol
kt53

Post by kt53 »

'Kangaroo mode' is something we have all experienced, and I continue to experience even after driving one for about 18 months. Sometimes it's fine and then I think "Oh, it's OK now" only for it to revert at the next set of lights. Getting the revs up (not revving the guts out of it) and letting the clutch out gently seems to be the most effective method of pulling away. That's OK on a straight road, but if you have to pull away and turn at the same time i.e. coming out of a junction, you need to pull away more slowly and everybody assumes you're a 90 year old who shouldn't be on the road!
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Yep I think especially as I've got a 15 plate so it's not obvious "she's got a new car" it's more like "why is that girl driving that car when she clearly cant" lol

I've said before but I think the biggest issue I have is muscle memory from my old car as pulling away in that was a bit like the fast and the furious quickly clutch up and foot flat on the gas. The pulsar is a bit more of a balancing act between 2 feet.

It happens most when I say to the husband "i think I'm driving a bit better now..." LURCH lol

The other thing I find odd is sometimes in 2nd it takes a good half a second for it to pull if say you're slowing for a junction but not slow enough to slip into 1st.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you're slow at a junction you do need to drop to 1st. It simply will not put in 2nd in the same way that every other car I have ever owned would.