New guy

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

Hi, I'm the new guy. Popped in to a local garage at the weekend for a look at some cars, and ended up trading in my trusty Astra for a 65 plate 1.2 dig-t pulsar n-tec in metallic grey. She came home yesterday. I was largely unaware of the engine issues reported until I bought it, but I'm sure that the majority of the engines in service are ok though. She's done 18k and has been looked after, so fingers crossed. Apart from the high handbrake and the rear centre headrest rendering the back window obsolete, I'm enjoying it. Very comfortable, easy to drive and a bit quirky.
Stu

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Welcome to the group Stu. Just keep an eye out for excessive oil consumption and you should be OK. As you say, the vast majority of engines won't have a problem. Regarding the centre head rest, if you put it to it's lowest setting it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Stu I moved the middle headrest right down and it doesn't cause an issue now for me? Still think handbrake is in a stupid place though lol.
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

I have adjusted the headrest down, and started to use the camera as well. Also managed to adjust the handbrake to three clicks which is much better. Had a few long trips and definitely getting used to the car now, getting 45 ish mpg too which is good imo. She's only got 3 months warranty left so if anything is going to break, it better happen soon lol.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

45 to the gallon is similar to the figure I get on a run. High 30s around town. Didn't the garage provide a 12 month warranty? I certainly wouldn't be happy purchasing a car with only 3 month warranty.
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

It's got 3 months manufacturers warranty left. I've bought a few cars from this garage and the guy is ok. If I went back with something in 6 months, he'd probably sort it out. I had a golf year's ago with a knackered clutch and he sorted it foc. I've helped him out with some machining in the past too. Good to have relationships
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Most places I looked were the same to be honest. I got lucky with mine from nissan approved used so got 12 months.

Now I'm getting used to driving it I'm getting around 40-47 on good days. Mainly now I've got over how quickly I can pull away and have started just driving like a normal person haha.
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

Well, 1k covered already and so far so good. Got 54mpg on my last journey (mostly behind a lorry lol) so getting the hang of her. No oil usage or very very little at least. Notice a jerkiness when the ac is on and a slight rattle on acceleration when cold but the performance for a 1.2 is impressive and quirks are probably to be expected. For the moment I'd even say it was a bargain. Going to book her in for a dealer service once I'm back from holiday to get her up to date. Any ideas on cost for a 3 year service? And is there anything I should request software update wise?
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Actually I wouldn't mind an idea on the cost too. Mines 15 plate and the previous owner got all nissan services so should be due a major next year but they paid 300 quid for the last major... I nearly fell off my seat. Adding 100 quid a tyre I was sick a little bit in my mouth and decided I will just take it to our trusty family friend garage instead lol
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If the car is still within warranty make sure you have the latest version of the sat nav software. It'll still be nearly 18 months out of date but an improvement on V2. I can no longer get into the Nissan site to see if there has been another release since Version 3.