Hello all

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Weirdoslr

Post by Weirdoslr »

Hello everyone,
New to the forums, just looking at as much info as I can about the new Nissan Pulsar. :D

kt53

Post by kt53 »

First bit of information is that Nissan has stopped production. I hope you got it for a good price. They seem to be generally reliable but with some issues around the auto Stop/Start system, plus engine problems on some early models.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Some issues on 1.2 petrol early models, some complaints about 1.5 diesel engines ( Renault made, I dont rate french diesels ) , stop/start has so many parameters on how it is activated I turn it off in town traffic, autowipers also a bit hit and miss. They sometimes react as if in a tropical storm when only light rain.
I have 1.6 petrol Tekna, love the extra power when needed, takes a little while to ajust to handbrake position and the length of its travel but the car is a good cruiser on dual carriage/motorways.
Plenty of space and decent mpg although petrol tank is on small side ( think its 36-40 litres ).
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I forgot to mention the auto wipers. They really are useless. I've had them going full speed in very light drizzle and had them not activate at all despite heavy rain making the windscreen look like obscure / frosted glass. I'm also have some issues with the auto lights at the moment. They do come on in poor light, but also come on when the sun is low in the sky but daylight is strong. I hadn't noticed that happen until the last couple of weeks, and I've had the car 2 years.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

I dont bother with the auto lights, stick to manual.
I believe you can ajust them though, but as I said I dont use the auto lights.