About to buy a Pulsar

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bennytheball

About to buy a Pulsar

Post by Bennytheball » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Hi All,

Joined the forum to do some research as I am about to buy a Pulsar. The vehicle had just arrived at the dealer when I took it for a test drive. Loved the car, n-tec spec with 20,000 miles. I paid a deposit and since the then the salesman has called to advise that the car needs a new engine! While preparing it for sale as a Intelligent Choice vehicle they found it faulty. They contacted Nissan who may be willing to replace the engine; didn't say if whole engine or part of it. I'm still considering buying. What would you advise? I am aware of the problems with the 1.2 Dig-T...have any of you had an engine repaired? Has it been a successful repair?

kt53

Re: About to buy a Pulsar

Post by kt53 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 am

"They contacted Nissan who may be willing to replace the engine". Hopefully stating the obvious, but if they don't replace the engine you must get the deposit back and walk away. Before making a decision you need to know exactly what they mean by 'replace the engine' as from what I've read there have been different levels of rebuild right through to total replacement.

Bennytheball

Post by Bennytheball » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:51 am

They are getting back to me with a response from Nissan....will update when they do.

janjim3

Post by janjim3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Not had any problems with mine (touch wood) 2015 1.2 Dig-t other than mpg ranging from 35 to 43 per gallon which I find disappointing. Had the car for 7 months now and to be quite honest I wish it had been a 1.6 Dig T as it is very thirsty over 70 mph. Getting back to your problem, only accept an engine replacement on the condition that the whole complete unit is replaced...…..do not compromise.

Bennytheball

Post by Bennytheball » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Advised today that the dealer should have a response from Nissan tomorrow. Will walk away if not a complete engine replacement.

syneman

Post by syneman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:41 pm

I have heard some earlier Pulsars have had some bogus Renault engines with problems. Luckily mine is not one of them. Otherwise they are quite good engines.

Return to “Introductions”