17" fitted with new TPMS sensors

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

I got some a set of 4 brand new black bold 17" rims from ebay for £300 and some ebay seller was selling the continental TPMS sensors £30.10 each
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11400.m1 ... 9%26qu%3D1

NEW GENUINE VDO S180052048Z TPMS SENSOR (434Mhz) SENSOR (434Mhz) - TG1C - NISSAN‏ - marked as continental on the individual 4 boxes with hologram stickers, and little pamplets inside etc..

I got the pulsar visia, and the 16" wheels made it feel like a boat, the 17" make it feel so much more better handling. less rolling around 100% happy.

Not really keen on the black rims on the blue car, but for the price I can get the colour changed at a later date.

Fitted Uniroyal Rainsport 3 205x50R17 I had some confusion about tyre size as all the dealer web sites that list those tyres say 215x50r17. but there was a sheet of paper (in each box) with all the Nissan car models and different alloy styles, and it said for the pulsar 205x50r17 for that wheel. So I went for that size.
I would Highly recommend Formula1 Autocenters for tyre price and free fitting (similar price to camskill maybe extra £20 but more convienient than having tyres delivered etc...) and speedy service (under 50 min) they fitted all 4 wheels and tpms and wrote down which wheel each sensor ID was on, in case I had any problems.

The pulsar identified the new sensors after about 7 mins constant driving 60mph.

Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Hi I have been looking for the exact same alloy wheels on ebay for weeks. How did you find them for that price?
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

i was lucky lucky

ebay Item ID: 262043235395

then after I got the tyres fitted, I found this sticker on the door frame with the tyre sizes and pressures, so I could have got cheaper 89v tyres instead

B2BQPNGIAufsy7M8cgi1iPDKbIa-V0bPugDUIiZ8V2c,jp1bzb6xVHKf1QaBTDkqiKTsTBq7rH4xOO-k7hyq1ok.jpg

Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Ah ok yea I'd seen them.
dAT

Post by dAT »

I just bought a new Pulsar. Gonna pick it up at the dealer on friday. It's my first car with tpms. How does it really work? Can i switch tyres by myself without problem or do the sensors require to be re-programed every time i switch? I live in Sweden so .. (summer & winter tyres on and off every year)
jamieearl

Post by jamieearl »

Hello,
To program it, You set the pressure in the cars settings and it then can track the speed of each wheel. If the wheel goes faster or slower than the rest that's how the TPMS would know it has too much/little air.

Jamie
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

these new TPMS sensor work by measuring the absolute pressure ( like a gauge) and are not like the previous generation tyre pressure sensors which relied on the ABS sensors which detected the rotational speed of the wheel and compared it against the other side. A puncture will reduce the diameter hence that wheel will speed up relative to its neighbour. This system does not work well when both wheels have a defect and hence EU from 2014 made the new TPMS sensors mandatory. These have a lithium battery which should last around 5 years and normally cannot be replaced.
squirell

Post by squirell »

I have a Nissan Pulsar 2014/2015 I also have the same thing with winter/summer tyres as I live in Denmark, first time I've had a car with this TPMS.
Last weekend I changed from winter tyres over to the summer tyres and now I seem to have this tyre warning light on the dash, so for those of you with this system how do I get it to read/recognize and clear the light ????????????

I must mention both of these sets of wheels the summer and winter tyres have been on the car previously, so I thought they should have already been read in
Pulsar15

Post by Pulsar15 »

I changed my winter tyres from last winter.
Those needed to be re-installed at Nissan dealer.
TPMS sensors were working normally but car did not recognize those.