Pulsar 1.5 Diesel problems

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
stonecold8176

Post by stonecold8176 »

Hi All.
I am new to the group and just wanted to say hello.

I have a new 65 plate Pulsar and have owned it since the new plate arrived last September but i have had constant problems with the car in which nissan keep telling me that these are not problems and they are meant to be like this (the car has been back to then a couple of times and is due to go back this week again). So was hoping i could get some help from the forum.
I have made a list and was just wondering if anyone can confirm that this is meant to happen to the car.

1: The automatic braking system bleeps when ever it feels like even when nothing is in front of me.
2: The automatic wipers come on when they feel like even if there is no water on windows - then when it is pouring down they take an entire age to come on.
3: The car steams up all the time for no reason so i have to have the blowers on most of the time on full.
4: The bluetooth will only work when the stereo is switched on all the time - but as soon as you turn the stereo off the bluetooth disconnects from phone. (never had a problem with my other nissans i have owned)
5: The keyless entry will let you start the car and then drive away without the keys without any warning that the keys are not there.
6: Once you stop the car and get out it will not let you lock the car with the button on the door handle and also it takes 2 presses of the key fob before it will lock.
7: The automatic stop start works when it feels like. I can do a 20+ mile journey and it never stops then later in the day i can drive a 100 yards and then it cuts out at the junction.
Cannot think of anything else at mo but will add to it if i remember.
I know some of these may sound silly but what i am paying for the car i should expect Nissan to take on board the problems. The last time i took it into them they said just to turn of all the automatic stuff and that will solve the problem but i should not have to do this everytime i start the car.
any help would be fantastic.
Thanks Dave

stonecold8176

Post by stonecold8176 »

Just a update.
I did indeed get the same answer back from Nissan that i have had the previous times - that there is nothing wrong with the car.
So i had to take it further and contacted head office who find that what has happened is terrible customer service so now i have to take my car into Nissan again this friday and leave it with them for a minimum of 7 days so they can sort out all the problems as Head office have admitted that these problems are indeed problems and are not meant to be there.

also since the car has been in the last time my Bluetooth no longer works what so ever.
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

Mine is an petrol version but your list is not diesel specific.
1. The radar for the automatic braking can pick up off angle reflected signals , usually when going round wide corners and gives out warning beeps. However this should not happen often but will depend on its surroundings . However check if the number plates are lose or there is some form of obstruction on the radar aperture.
2. You have no control over the wipers other then switching it from auto to manual speeds. However you can vary the level of sensitivity of the sensor. Check for dirt of tree sap . I agree these are annoying and I would much prefer a manual setting.
3. You have a leak - most likely from outside rather than the cooling system. Check carpets carefully so see if they are wet. I am assuming the ventilation is not in re-circ mode.
4. A defect for sure. It should connect when Ignition is on.
5. Defect again - should not let you start , instead display a large yellow key missing or ID not recognised message/graphics on centre panel. However, once started will allow you to drive but will continue to display the warning message.
6. I have seen it once or twice but a firmer press of the button usually works. I have noted that the keyfob in a pocket full of change seems to reduce the transmission range to a point where the key cannot be read. solution , put it in another pocket.
7. It depends on a number of things including the operating temperature of the engine and battery charge. Usually won't operate until engine fully warm plus battery well charged.

I would get on to Nissan HQ if dealer s being resistive
stonecold8176

Post by stonecold8176 »

Hi Thanks for the reply.
The braking sensor bleeps 75% of the time whether i drive around corners or stay in a straight line.
The idiots at nissan says there is no problem what so ever with the windows this is normal.
the starting the car scenario never shows a display and you can drive away no probs what so ever without keys.
but at the end of the day it is by far the worst nissan i have ever owned. found my juke to be far far better. even at cornering the juke was way better than the pulsar.
The reason it is going back in next week is because i have been onto nissan main office and they sorted everything out for me.
will post when i get the car back with the next lot of excuses.

what is annoying is the problems i am having on this car never happened on my others so how they can say that it is meant to happen is rubbish.
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Have a 1.2 tekna and never had any of these issues, certainly not normal.
Kmurray719

Post by Kmurray719 »

My daughter has 2014 Pulsar 1.5 diesel, and it is currently sitting in the dealership with a failed turbocharger and questionable head gasket. She was told today that Nissan was paying for all parts required, but she needs to pay labour charges. Car is only just out of warranty and has less than 36000 miles.
Question is, if they are paying for all the parts, that is an acknowledgement that there is an issue, so why do they expect a single parent of a disabled child to pay almost £1000 in labour?
danielk

Post by danielk »

Cars need to be taken to computer shops,,rader then garages these days
Aim happy i brought a entry level pulsar from new,,all yr probloms sound like a nightmare,,but hope u find peace in the fact that every new cars are in the same fate,,,,there all ruddish
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Unfortunately, buying any car is a gamble, like doing the lottery, and the dealers are only interested in taking our money.