Installing a sub in car without an amp?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Pulsarboost44

Post by Pulsarboost44 »

Just got my Nissan pulsar this weekend and what a beaut she is sprayed in merlin audi purple turns alot of heads. I have ordered a amp from the usa and is coming in around 28 days. So its a bit of a wait, being bored i have been checking on the internet and have found out that you can connect a car sub to the back speakers because this http://how-to-install-car-audio-systems ... tereo.htmlsays you can. So instead of the sound going to the back speakers all the power goes into the one woofer, sounds like a good idea to me. Would you think this would be enough power to get the bass moving or would it be a waste of time?

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Take it from someone who has done countless subwoofer installs that its a terrible idea to do what you are suggesting.
You will knacker the internal amp on the headunit in a matter of weeks. Something Nissan will not fix under warranty.
Take my advice and install a simple active subwoofer system and run a high to low converter.
Its not difficult to find the speaker wires on the rear door for the signal side of things and you can easily run cables through the bulkhead. ( I have got 4 & 8 gauge going through mine)
Mardidan

Post by Mardidan »

Have to agree with rich on this one, on top of the potential Head unit issues there is also the issue of your subwoofer. This is designed for low frequencies whereas the rear speakers will be designed for mid range frequencies. Not the worst thing in the world but I imagine you are installing a subwoofer for good sound.
Mardidan

Post by Mardidan »

Anyone know whether the standard head unit has red and white/ left and right inputs for subwoofer? i have no space saver and can't think of anything better to fit in the space ;)
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Mardidan wrote:Anyone know whether the standard head unit has red and white/ left and right inputs for subwoofer? i have no space saver and can't think of anything better to fit in the space ;)
No you will need to use a high to low converter.