Dashboard rattle

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

Anoyingly we have developed a rattle in the area of Connect/aircon control panel. Anyone else had this, and if so did you find the cause?
1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

cata74

Post by cata74 »

From me the noise occurs when the car is cold. I have not found any source of noise.
CTBull

Post by CTBull »

Hello.

Just got my 64 plate Tekna at the weekend with 7000 miles on it and noticed a little rattle in that area - found when driving along that if I pinched the piano black section right at the bottom below the a/c controls it seemed to stop, until I let go again!

It's the 1.2l petrol and the engine also sounds a tiny bit ticky when idling - is this common?
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

1.2 is one of the quietest engines around ; normally it idles so quietly that you won't hear it stop ( start stop) till it restarts - if its ticking, as a precaution , check oil level and top up if needed . See other threads as ticking noise can be caused by low oil.
CTBull

Post by CTBull »

Thanks for that. A little worried now!

Oil is just under the halfway mark and is a little brown even though it was only serviced 700 miles ago.

EDIT: Ticking is apparently the fuel injectors/high pressure fuel pump, which makes sense. Will keep an eye on any oil consumption though.

Apologies for hijacking the thread!
naimkhan

Post by naimkhan »

I've had this problem for the last 15k miles. First issue popped up at 9k miles, booked the car with dealers three times now regarding this issue, they come out with no faults at all which is annoying because you drive along with this annoying vibration from the lower dash. Recorded it on my phone so hopefully they know where to look at!

65 plate 1.5dci
mango

Post by mango »

Looks like my 65 plate has developed the dreaded dash rattle. Seems to get better as the plastics warm up on longer drives but at the moment i'm having to put my palm just below the heater controls whilst wrapping my fingers around the underside and squeezing the facia to stop it.

Has anyone found the cause or had a dealer investigate?
2016 Pulsar N-Tec 1.6 DIG-T
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

Mine was solved when dealer removed facia around satnav and applied some sort of fabric tape to insulate. There are some clips which were causing the rattle and the tape has stopped the rattle. Presumably by making a tighter fit. All done under warranty.
_Victoria_

Post by _Victoria_ »

I'm sorry for the stupid question, what is facia, is it the piano black plastics?

I've been having this problem for a month or two now. I've been once at the dealer, but it looks like they weren't able to fix it, planning to book another visit next week. Unfortunately, the rattle does not occur at all times and it was difficult to show them what it was about on my previous visit.
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

It's more to do with the fixings under the piano black trim which surrounds the sat nav screen. Particularly the area between the sat nav and aircon controls at the bottom of the sat nav screen.